Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Samson0692
What's New?

Self Surgery and Some Preventive Self Treatment I have used. WARNING: this is kind of gross stuff!

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
How many of you have done self surgery?

I have done several procedures.

Once I had a large hard lump on the inside of my bottom lip the size of a pea. It cam from me biting the inside of my lip, then after it became irritated, I kept biting it by accident and it got quite a bit worse over a year or so. It was painful and filled with blood at first, then became hard. It got so bad I bit it almost every time i ate a meal. So I decided to remove it myself.

I sterilized the inside of my lip and a pair of sharp scissors with alcohol, and used those to snip it off. It took me several tries to work up the nerve to cut it all the way through, but after about 10 minutes I finally cut it all the way through. My lip bled for a couple hours, but eventually stopped. It never came back!

I have always removed slivers, warts, dead skin, and other annoying things myself.

One time I had a blister on my heel that turned into a large callous around the back of my heel. I decided to remove it. So I cut into it and it was filled with pus. I drained it, then cut all the hard skin off and have never had another problem like that.

I have drilled through several black finger nails to relieve the pressure. That's painful, but the relief when done is worth it. More recently, I learned that when I injure a finger or toe nail, if I put immediate pressure on it, the clotting factors will start to block the blood before the pressure builds up to a point where it is painful. It takes about 5 to 10 minutes of holding the nail to prevent it from getting painful. Then I just get a black nail and it hardly hurts.

Same thing with blood blisters. Once you nail yourself and it starts to fill, clamp onto it and hold it for 5-10 minutes and viola, you'll have a black blood blister with hardly any pain!

I posted about removal of hemmorrhoids in a separate thread. That is nasty and painful, but has helped me to successfully fight them when I notice they are starting. If I stay ahead of them, they don't occur as often. The best treatment is to stay hydrated and eat plenty of fiber, and don't give in to the urge to strain while on the toilet. If your stool gets hard, then take some magnesium. I use Metamucil for fiber if I am having trouble with hard stools.

I have had success popping styes on my eye lids. A couple times I used the smooth handle of a spoon and pressed the inside of my eyelid with that, while compressing the outside with my fingers. Once the sty popped it drained and cleared up in a few days. If I sense one starting, I can often pinch my eyelid between thumb and finger and cause it to release. I haven't had a large sty in years because I catch them early.

I have a chronic but minor athlete's foot infection between my pinkie and next toe. There was a piece of skin over the top that prevented the medication from completely saturating the infected area. So I cut away the skin over the top (turns out it was dead skin) and the treatment helped fight the infection so it stays away for most of the year now. About once a year, I still have to cut dead skin away each time it gets bad and it always clears right up until the next year....

Thanks for listening.

None of this is medical advice or recommended for anyone else to do. It is just my personal experience with these things......

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Do I even want to ask what u would do with a curved pp :rolleyes:

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Glad you chose the Diet+Nutrition sub-forum instead of Members' Pics+Videos .........
I'm not sure how I ended up in the diet and nutrition section. I was thinking I was posting in the health section.... Oh well!

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
OH NOW WE ARE TALKING!!

lets see-- pulled piece of sharpel out of my arm-- cleaned and stitched it up myself
another sharpel in left calf -- pulled cleaned and superglued and taped up

left thumb cut to bone -- alot of glue and a bunch of tape

broke nose set back in place
dislocated pinky -- popped back and taped

how about bullet hole in left femur -- hitting bone -- busting femur -- bone coming out side of thigh-- sling & rebar -- made a torniquet and hobble 90 meters to my bros and to wait on medic -- only to smoke a cig and passout --

bunch of other little bs

no way im cutting a hemmoriod -- knock me out please -- then again i dont have any
but then again ive been scared enough that my asshole is as tight as Fort Knoxs

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
I like this thread, no good stories to tell but, now that I know that others are crazy and maybe the time hasn’t come yet to just get’er done

two_slug

two_slug

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2012
OH NOW WE ARE TALKING!!

Same here, but the right thumb from the bite of a wild caught, nasty tempered amethystine ( scrub ) python.

......used to own a pet store.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
OH NOW WE ARE TALKING!!

lets see-- pulled piece of sharpel out of my arm-- cleaned and stitched it up myself
another sharpel in left calf -- pulled cleaned and superglued and taped up

broke nose set back in place
dislocated pinky -- popped back and taped

how about bullet hole in left femur -- hitting bone -- busting femur -- bone coming out side of thigh-- sling & rebar -- made a torniquet and hobble 90 meters to my bros and to wait on medic -- only to smoke a cig and passout --

bunch of other little bs

no way im cutting a hemmoriod -- knock me out please -- then again i dont have any
but then again ive been scared enough that my asshole is as tight as Fort Knoxs

Damn! That's some list. I have had at least two deep cuts to fingers (I'm talking nearly to the bone, with all the meat flapping loose) that I cleaned out and taped up and didn't get stiches for, where I wondered if I might lose the finger....

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
When I was 12, my dad was cutting metal off our hay combine and asked me to crawl under to hold something for him. I ended up getting a hot piece of slag stuck on my leg and he slapped it off and we went to my grandmother who put some juice from a live aloe plant on it and it healed up nicely. It burned me in 2 or 3 spots and hurt like hell until she put that aloe on them.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic