What's New?

Seizure Letters

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
By Rick Collins, J.D.
Seizure Notices

What do you do if you’re one of the unlucky ones, and the Postal Inspector or Customs identifies an international package addressed to you as containing a controlled substance and seizes it? Maybe it leaked or smelled funny or otherwise looked suspicious. Maybe they x-rayed it, and saw the pills and ampoules. Now they have two options. They can either confiscate your package or they can deliver it under controlled circumstances in order to arrest you. If they choose to confiscate, they will let you know that they have the item by sending you a letter. This correspondence, commonly called a seizure notice or seizure letter, informs you that the feds have the package. The letter advises you of your rights and remedies to challenge the seizure and try to claim the parcel.

You can, of course, challenge the seizure. However, unless you have a lawful basis for possessing the controlled substances, such as a valid prescription, you won’t get far. In fact, your attempts to claim the package may backfire. Identifying yourself to the U.S. Attorney as the person who ordered the juice and intended to receive it could quite probably get you busted.

You can accept the confiscation and forfeiture by checking the box on the form, signing the form, and mailing it back. Or, instead, you can do nothing. The notice will generally provide that if you simply ignore it, they will proceed with administrative proceedings to forfeit the property anyway. After 20 days, you will have forfeited any interests you may have had in the parcel. You won’t get it back. Then again, you also won’t be volunteering to be busted or signing anything it might be better not to have on record. The majority of people who call me to report that their packages were seized don’t sign or return the letter, and it’s often the last they hear of it (although on rare occasions they will get a follow-up phone call for law enforcement) … until the next package. A government record is made of every seizure. In some cases, federal authorities can place a watch on your address or flag your name for future deliveries.

Rick Collins, J.D., a veteran lawyer and former competitive bodybuilder, is the author of the groundbreaking new book LEGAL MUSCLE: Anabolics in America, available through this site. [© Rick Collins, 2003. All rights reserved. For informational purposes only, not to be construed as legal advice.]

hugerobb

hugerobb

VIP Strength Advisor
Sep 15, 2010
good post great info

M

maldorf

Dec 12, 2011
Many years ago I ended up getting 2 seizure letters in the space of 1 month. Either the supplier used really poor packaging or they flagged my address. In both cases I never replied back. The way a package is prepared is very important and an experience source is very good at it. Overseas orders often utilyze several common methods. If a package is seized from a source I would suggest moving on and finding another because IMO if a source is good you will not lose any packages to customs. Good sources also have a very fast turnover rate. Getting a package from China can take less than 7 business days from the seller to the buyer.

jandj0821

jandj0821

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2011
Nice post Admin. I would think no one would really be that stupid to claim the package

any1uno

any1uno

MuscleHead
Dec 22, 2010
great advice. Thank you for sharing.

athens

athens

May 16, 2011
Back many years ago I ordered from Alin shop and they actually wrote "hormones" on the customs declaration. Amazed that the pack made it to me without being seized.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Back many years ago I ordered from Alin shop and they actually wrote "hormones" on the customs declaration. Amazed that the pack made it to me without being seized.

I really wanna laugh at that, yet it just isn't funny at all...

goof321

goof321

Nov 18, 2011
I thought I was the only one!!!!!!! THat was the first and LAST time I had ever ordered from him.

Body_Builder

Body_Builder

MuscleHead
Oct 18, 2010
This should be old common knowledge for most of us. Great knowledge to have though if your going to play the game. Maybe pinned for newbies...

Body_Builder

Body_Builder

MuscleHead
Oct 18, 2010
That's not the first time I've heard that story about alin shop. Maybe he knows something we don't. It is odd though....

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic