pbtom
What's New?

Seen any good movies lately?

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
My wife sat down and insisted we watch Weird: The Al Yankovic Story a few weeks back.

Having seen Rocket Man and Bohemian Rhapsody, I was in for another similar experience. Let me tell you, Weird took the format of movies like that to a new level of parody. To preface, I like odd movies, Swiss Army Man is another Radcliff film that I really enjoyed if that's any indicator of what I find enjoyable. With Weird, I was damn near pissing myself laughing how over the top and off the rails it got. I don't want to include any spoilers but it was an unexpected yet hilarious journey that I would gladly rewatch.
He did that movie where he was chased by those guys who found him through a video game. I thought it was a pretty badass gem to watch. I forgot the name.

***Guns Akimbo. I had to look it up and not be lazy, lol. Decent flick! I think Jipped or GF told me about it a year or so ago.

I

Iron1

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2021
He did that movie where he was chased by those guys who found him through a video game. I thought it was a pretty badass gem to watch. I forgot the name.

***Guns Akimbo. I had to look it up and not be lazy, lol. Decent flick! I think Jipped or GF told me about it a year or so ago.

I really don't watch much TV or movies these days but Guns Akimbo is definitely on my watch list. Hardcore Henry is another badass gem that is different enough to set it apart from others if you haven't seen it.

Movies like this make me hesitate to say they are "good" in the traditional sense but they are an undeniably fun watch.

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
Just got done watching The Northman. Definitely worth watching. Kinda of a jacked plot with so much betral and a sad ending but the movie as a whole was a pretty good watch.

A couple others that are somewhat recent and worth a watch- man of wrath, don't breath 2 and once upon a time I'm hollywood.

Last edited:
jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I can't wait to see remake of 300 with a black female leading them.
Yeah a trans black blind amputee little Muslim person will be the star. they will take on the White straight male patriarchy which is far more deadly than Persians. They will attack with right wing political views and transphobic comments. Of course our hero will prevail YAY! GIRL POWER!

Rock Diesel

Rock Diesel

Mar 16, 2022
I watched the new Christmas Story Christmas. I went in thinking it was going to suck, but I thought it was pretty good.
I've been wondering how it was. I haven't watched it yet because I didn't want them to ruin it, but if it's actually good I'm all in.

T

thehulk

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2022
I watched the new Christmas Story Christmas. I went in thinking it was going to suck, but I thought it was pretty good.

I’m going to check that one out. I liked the original movie, usually watch it once every year. I didn’t even realize there was a new one out, just watched the trailer and glad to hear it’s good.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic