Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Seen any good movies lately?

T

thehulk

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2022
Anyone seen any good movies as of recent…..

I like 70s/80s horror movies - they just don’t make them like that anymore. The other day I watched Terrifier 2, thought it had the same vibe as some of the classics, great lighting and cinematography, awesome soundtrack. Barbarian was also pretty good.

Other than that, 2022 has been break bleak in terms of movies regardless of genre. Just about every night I try to find something good to watch and lately it’s been a struggle…I’ve either already seen it, or it’s crap.

R

Restart

VIP Member
Jan 3, 2019
I'll check out Terrifier 2 and Barbarian. I'm a huge old movie buff, 70s/80s/90s/00s. I generally don't like movies that don't end well but No country for old men is a favorite. Police Academy, Naked Gun, Airplane not really good but I enjoy them. It's almost impossible to watch Netflix or Amazon with their stupid brainwashing.

T

thehulk

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2022
If you're into horror you might try watching Barbarian on HBO. Pretty damn good I thought.
For sure Pen. Should have mentioned that I already caught that one. Barbarian was great as well, particularly considering all the crap that comes out day.

T

thehulk

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2022
I'll check out Terrifier 2 and Barbarian. I'm a huge old movie buff, 70s/80s/90s/00s. I generally don't like movies that don't end well but No country for old men is a favorite. Police Academy, Naked Gun, Airplane not really good but I enjoy them. It's almost impossible to watch Netflix or Amazon with their stupid brainwashing.
I think you’ll like them both. I never saw the original Terrifier, apparently it was very low budget but developed a following. I kept seeing positive reviews for Terrifier 2 and decided to give it a whirl - glad I did.

Rigatortoise

Rigatortoise

Nov 25, 2022
It’s not new… or a movie but true detective on HBO is great.
I’m usually gunning for sci fi but man that series was solid.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Watched All quiet on the western front last night.
I give it a 3 vials of test out of 5. I could use stars for my rating but vials of test will work for you meatheads!
It is based on WW1 from the German point of view from the book by Erich Maria Remarque . There are some good scenes but the writing is kinda strange but it may be just because it was true to the book and written in 1928 and by a German so take it as it is.

It is long. but it kept my attention well enough to watch the whole thing. Really makes you think about the futility of trench warfare. Such a waste of human lives by the hierarchy of the military. Anyway, if you like war movies and have 2.5 hours then give it a try. I am pretty critical of movies and will not sit and watch one unless I am entertained. Good thing about it, no woke bullshit.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic