Latest Member
Imsprod1
What's New?

Security

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Thats misinformation...lol iPhone is by default a hell of a lot more secure. Android is by design full of back doors. A few for the manufacture, a few more for google. iPhone has one failure point and thats Apple who has shown time and again they not only wont give up their users without a strong warrant but they lack the ability to access certain things completely.

Android is shit.

As a side note I used to belong to a few computer repair and hacker forums. I have thrown out an open challenge since 2009 for anyone to hack my Macs, Linux boxes or iPhone and not a single one has done it. Not in 14 years IN HACKER GROUPS.
That is straight from NCIS when I had them have to break into several phones I turned over in an investigation. Had everything I needed from iPhones the next day. They said they couldn't get into the Androids.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
That is straight from NCIS when I had them have to break into several phones I turned over in an investigation. Had everything I needed from iPhones the next day. They said they couldn't get into the Androids.
Yeah I don't believe that. Back when I ran a computer repair shop there were a couple of computers that came in (Two different times) with CP. The authorities confiscated their phones as well as other devices and could not get into the phones without them entering their codes. (finger print on the older iphone) They can be forced to enter their print but not the code. And please show me someone getting into an iphone without the code, print or face ID. I'll wait. If this was a thing no one would own an iPhone and everyone would go to android. But it just isn't the case.

Again, I've been throwing it out for 13 years and not a single person has done it. Not even the feds. They have offered millions for this kind of tech and threatened Apple and many occasions.

Last edited:
gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Lets use a bit of common sense here. If the Gov could easily get into iPhones why would they year after year try to force Apple to create a back door for them? Doesn't makes sense does it? Notice they aren't trying to force android phone makers? Hmmmm

There was was exactly one case where they supposedly paid two hackers from Israel about a mil and they (supposedly) did it. But there has never been any proof of that.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Yeah I don't believe that. Back when I ran a computer repair shop there were a couple of computers that came in (Two different times) with CP. The authorities confiscated their phones as well as other devices and could not get into the phones without them entering their codes. (finger print on the older iphone) They can be forced to enter their print but not the code. And please show me someone getting into an iphone without the code, print or face ID. I'll wait. If this was a thing no one would own an iPhone and everyone would go to android. But it just isn't the case.

Again, I've been throwing it out for 13 years and not a single person has done it. Not even the feds. They have offered millions for this kind of tech and threatened Apple and many occasions.
I have nothing I can show you. They just plug it into their computer and extract the information we needed, i.e. photos, data, texts, etc.... I don't know how their computer breaks in, but it does. We sent quite a few rapists up the river doing this, as we had very little other evidence.

Good thing when you enter a military installation ALL of your property is subject to search and seizure.

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
Bottom line is *every* operating system will have vulnerabilities discovered and always will. Some known, some unknown. The known ones get patched, the unknown ones eventually will once discovered.

The whole "secret backdoor" thing...ugh. Too many conspiracy theorists. If there *are* any secret backdoors, then they must be reserved for secret national security operations, because I can speak from personal experience they are not available to local law enforcement or run of the mill criminal cases.

If your OS on your modern device is fully patched and up to date, doesn't matter if it is Apple, Microsoft, Google or Linux, you're going to be very secure from prying eyes as long as you are using strong passwords, PINs, etc. You want into a fully patched modern device? It's a waiting game for vulnerabilities to be disclosed, as those newly discovered vulnerabilities can then be used to compromise the device. Just hold onto the device, powered down with no access to the internet for updating, and bide your time until a way in is discovered (and eventually a way in *will* be discovered). If it's critical evidence, file whatever paperwork you need to keep the statute of limitations from expiring.

Also....never sideload apps/programs and you'll be much safer.

Here's an example of Google's increased focus on security: https://9to5google.com/2023/01/23/android-14-block-install-outdated-apps/

Last edited:
gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
I have nothing I can show you. They just plug it into their computer and extract the information we needed, i.e. photos, data, texts, etc.... I don't know how their computer breaks in, but it does. We sent quite a few rapists up the river doing this, as we had very little other evidence.

Good thing when you enter a military installation ALL of your property is subject to search and seizure.
If this was possible it would be all over the news and people would throw their iphones into the river...lol The only way this is possible is to have the iPhone unlocked to start with. Period.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Bottom line is *every* operating system will have vulnerabilities discovered and always will. Some known, some unknown. The known ones get patched, the unknown ones eventually will once discovered.

The whole "secret backdoor" thing...ugh. Too many conspiracy theorists. If there *are* any secret backdoors, then they must be reserved for secret national security operations, because I can speak from personal experience they are not available to local law enforcement or run of the mill criminal cases.

If your OS on your modern device is fully patched and up to date, doesn't matter if it is Apple, Microsoft, Google or Linux, you're going to be very secure from prying eyes as long as you are using strong passwords, PINs, etc. You want into a fully patched modern device? It's a waiting game for vulnerabilities to be disclosed, as those newly discovered vulnerabilities can then be used to compromise the device. Just hold onto the device, powered down with no access to the internet for updating, and bide your time until a way in is discovered (and eventually a way in *will* be discovered). If it's critical evidence, file whatever paperwork you need to keep the statute of limitations from expiring.

Also....never sideload apps/programs and you'll be much safer.

Here's an example of Google's increased focus on security: https://9to5google.com/2023/01/23/android-14-block-install-outdated-apps/
Kinda. You are correct that every operating system will have vulnerabilities discovered. Exploiting them is a whole other matter. It is no secret or conspiracy theory that android devices come with backdoors by default and by design. They have to. When you root an iPhone you basically turn it into an android type device. Where you can load what ever app you like. There is ZERO control over what can be slipped into an android device. Androids are also the only mobile OS that can actually get viruses. Microsoft and Google openly sell your data and you have no security at all with either of these companies real or implied. Linux and MacOS are a whole other animal. While a Mac that is locked and encrypted could be brute forced if you have done your job with the passcode it would take government computers months or even years to do it. (assuming you are a high profile risk to national security) No police agency has access to that type of tech to put to work on a small time drug dealers device.

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
“Victim’s iPhone hacked by Pegasus spyware weeks after Apple sued NSO”

New evidence has revealed that an Apple iPhone was successfully hacked by a government user of NSO Group’s Pegasus spyware in December, weeks after the technology giant sued the Israeli company in a US court and called for it to be banned from “harming individuals” using Apple products.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
If this was possible it would be all over the news and people would throw their iphones into the river...lol The only way this is possible is to have the iPhone unlocked to start with. Period.
It would have to be all phones then. In my original post I only mentioned newer Android phones were safe for about 6 months. This was back in 2018. Eventually NCIS was able to get into them as well.

I am not trying to argue. I am just saying this is what I dealt with all the time for five years. I generally had 20 pending investigations going on at any given time. For those who would not unlock their phones willingly and turn them over to CID, we would just send them off to NCIS. I actually preferred to send them off to NCIS, because it would always break the Marines heart when they would lose their phone. Just because it might only take NCIS 30 minutes to break into it doesn't mean they got to it right away or returned it right away. It might be six months before they got their phones back.

Again, I have no idea the technology on how they do it. This is TS/SCI stuff and even though I had a TS/SCI clearance there was no reason for me to know how it worked, just that it was a tool at my disposal, so they would never give me that information, nor would I ever ask.

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022

Although I'm not a big fan of Norton, this is a pretty good summary of security issues regarding iOS vs. Android.

Pixel (and perhaps high-end Samsung) are the only Android phones I would ever consider using, as they are the only ones who receive regular, timely updates. I can only assume that many bagging on Android haven't used a Pixel or high-end Samsung lately. Once the phone reaches end of life for updates, I will dump it. Still have my Pixel 2 as a backup phone in case my daily driver has a problem, but I upgraded as soon as security updates stopped. Apple support for older phones is *much* better, but they will be so slow that you're going to want to upgrade anyway.

On my Androids, I have rooted in the past, I have used custom ROMs in the past, I have sideloaded in the past. There is no longer any need to do any of this, hasn't been for a few years, yet some still do. Stick with Android apps from known developers downloaded from Google Play Store and you're good.

HardManifest

HardManifest

MuscleHead
Nov 21, 2022
he could just joined the CIA and make more doing runs for the cartels instead of nickel and diming pills. Who do you think controls the valves for import export.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Like PV said, not true. It only takes NCIS about 30 minutes to get into a brand new iPhone. Actually takes a little longer with newer Androids. In fact for about 6 months a couple years back they couldn't get into the new Androids at all. NCIS and FBI use the same equipment.

Also, if they have your location and you are transmitting over your cell phone, there is nothing they cannot intercept. I had Radio BN doing it to our guys out in the field when they were trying to be sneaky and use their cell phones to communicate instead of encrypted radios. We could listen to everything they said.
Wow. Is that recent? I swear I remember a case in California about how Apple would not help Feds get into an iPhone not too long ago.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic