Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Security

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
Well they can't do anything to him since the notebook clearly said "please don't touch."

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
At least the guy was trying to get rid of it. Too bad the Feds were already onto him. Would it be safer to keep a list like that in your notes on an iPhone? Didn’t I hear that apple does not have a back door and refused to open a phone for Feds recently? Like in the past 3-5 years. I believe it was a California case. I had always heard an iPhone is way more secure than android if you’re doing illegal shit. Cops can’t get in it unless they figure out your password somehow. Or they convince you to open it for them.

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
iPhones are no more secure than updated Android. iPhone just does a better job of keeping OS updated than most Android manufacturers, but even outdated Android isn't bad these days. Stick with Pixels which continue to receive updates and you are bulletproof. A dated iPhone or Android is the only way you will be compromised.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
At least the guy was trying to get rid of it. Too bad the Feds were already onto him. Would it be safer to keep a list like that in your notes on an iPhone? Didn’t I hear that apple does not have a back door and refused to open a phone for Feds recently? Like in the past 3-5 years. I believe it was a California case. I had always heard an iPhone is way more secure than android if you’re doing illegal shit. Cops can’t get in it unless they figure out your password somehow. Or they convince you to open it for them.
Like PV said, not true. It only takes NCIS about 30 minutes to get into a brand new iPhone. Actually takes a little longer with newer Androids. In fact for about 6 months a couple years back they couldn't get into the new Androids at all. NCIS and FBI use the same equipment.

Also, if they have your location and you are transmitting over your cell phone, there is nothing they cannot intercept. I had Radio BN doing it to our guys out in the field when they were trying to be sneaky and use their cell phones to communicate instead of encrypted radios. We could listen to everything they said.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
iPhone is a hell of a lot more secure than Android. All around, no comparison. Also Google has no problems giving people up even without a warrant.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Like PV said, not true. It only takes NCIS about 30 minutes to get into a brand new iPhone. Actually takes a little longer with newer Androids. In fact for about 6 months a couple years back they couldn't get into the new Androids at all. NCIS and FBI use the same equipment.

Also, if they have your location and you are transmitting over your cell phone, there is nothing they cannot intercept. I had Radio BN doing it to our guys out in the field when they were trying to be sneaky and use their cell phones to communicate instead of encrypted radios. We could listen to everything they said.
Thats misinformation...lol iPhone is by default a hell of a lot more secure. Android is by design full of back doors. A few for the manufacture, a few more for google. iPhone has one failure point and thats Apple who has shown time and again they not only wont give up their users without a strong warrant but they lack the ability to access certain things completely.

Android is shit.

As a side note I used to belong to a few computer repair and hacker forums. I have thrown out an open challenge since 2009 for anyone to hack my Macs, Linux boxes or iPhone and not a single one has done it. Not in 14 years IN HACKER GROUPS.

Swiper

Swiper

VIP Member
Jan 8, 2011
“Cybersecurity expert cautions 'Pegasus' spyware has ignited a privacy debate”

MORGAN WRIGHT: It's called zero-touch infection, and that's what it means, zero-touch. You don't have to do anything. They just have to have a little bit of information about your phone, maybe a phone number. Maybe they scan an area with another tool and identify all the phones that are there because they can get their unique ID numbers, and then they start targeting. They start figuring out who's moving, who's going in there. And I'll tell ya, Dan, it's not like a physical piece of equipment that if I took a gun away from you, you couldn't duplicate one just out of thin air. But if I took the software away from you, you'd have a copy somewhere. This thing can proliferate and it can grow much faster than our ability to track it and stop it. That's the dangerous piece. We don't know whose hands it's going to end up in. The cartels, other intelligence organizations. So for me, this is one of the most worrisome pieces of software I've ever seen.

It's very tough, even from a forensic standpoint. You know, one of the ways when you get malware on there, sometimes it generates extra battery life or they know about this and or decreases your battery life, warm things up, so if you have a warm phone. But quite frankly, the only way you find out about it is when somebody from the FBI or the intelligence agency comes knocking on your door and says, "Hey sir, we've got information off of your phone."

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic