Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Security

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I don't think there is anything that cannot be breached. Whether it's state-level or not, there is always a way. I know enough to know I don't know shit. Top secret methods of cracking devices aren't going to be advertised, and maybe Apple's reluctance with that news article was pure spin to make the general public think they don't collaborate.

I just rely on the fact my life is about as boring as it can get, and any entity that has the capability to actually do the breaching is going to be far more interested in something else other than some 50-year old scratching his nuts. I have Wyze cameras on in my apartment that catch everything 24/7. I just don't care, but it's honestly more for my own protection due to what some of the less scrupulous women I've had in my life have done. I do most of my stroking in the bedroom, so they don't catch that, but if I get frisky enough, I'll get busy on the couch and get recorded. Dgaf.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Wow. Is that recent? I swear I remember a case in California about how Apple would not help Feds get into an iPhone not too long ago.
Yes. I confirmed with my buddy who is still in that is a Senior Enlisted Advisor at his unit and responsible for these matters. They still send them off to NCIS for extraction. They don't need Apple's or anyone's help to extract the data. Come to think of it, it is likely the same technology we used in Iraq and Afghanistan to extract data from insurgent's phones after we detained them.

The enemy was so reliant on cell phones, we developed a ton of technology to defeat their use and to use their reliance to our advantage. From my first and last combat deployment we went from huge pieces of equipment used to target cell phones to being able to jam, scan, intersect, listen to, etc... with a palm sized piece of equipment that a squad leader could carry in their pocket.

T

treetop

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2023
I gave up on privacy for main phone and just use newest Samsung flagships opting out of everything it allows.

For backup phone, Pixel devices with GrapheneOS, no sim card, always on VPN, and no Google services seems to be best. Of course with enough resources, I suspect it could be breached but unless you're a really big deal, it's unlikely anyone would make the effort to try.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012

A long time board member & mod from AB asked me to share this with the boards I frequent.
Pretty stupid that a source would even keep information like this. As well, the dark web uses Tor for connections. This is not secure at all and we have known this for a few years.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic