Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Second Time Around....

D

DaRocky

Jul 14, 2016
I used to be heavy into lifting (pun intended :p ), then 9 years ago I had kids. I went from 225 lbs with a size 32 waist, 17 1/2" biceps, and 54" chest to a staggering 225 lbs with a 38" inch waist, 14" bicep, and 45" chest. My boys are 9 and 8 now, and I'm 42, so it's time to get back into the game.

I'm very serious about getting back to where I was, or better. I've started my wait loss, and cardio 2 months ago, and now I'm down to a 36" waist so I've got SOME movement. My biggest hurdle will be that at age 42, and belly big, my test is low so I need to work on boosting that before I can get back to where I was muscle/weight wise.

I have also removed my dinning room table and put in an olympic bench, some select-a-weights, and a preacher bench. Like I said, I'm serious about this.

Hope to find some good people, with good knowledge, that can guide me in the right direction. I need to be a proper roll model for my boys. A fat, feeble, old man isn't the image I want them to have of me.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Welcome to the Den. Dad bod sneaks up on ya quick!

Before you start assuming you have low test because you got fat or something go see the doc for bloodwork to determine if that's actually true.

Second, don't be captain upper body. You need to work your legs. Having muscle makes fat loss easier. If you neglect your legs which have some of the biggest and most powerful muscles in the body you are selling yourself short.

Get a gym membership or expand the home gym. You need to squat bench deadlift row overhead press and so on. Focus on your compound lifts. Bicep curls will do literally nothing for fat loss and very little for muscle gains.

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Welcome to the iron den.

TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
Welcome.

Your kids are 8 and 9....family cardio is mandatory. And like POB said, legs for the win on many levels.

Good luck!

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Welcome... your not the only one, who had family and life get in the way

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Welcome to TID, POB is right, seems the older we get, the quicker things sneak up now. Good luck and hit the weights hard.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic