Latest Member
bsimon7074
What's New?

screws suck!!!!

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
ok so i broke my leg <tibia> almost 7 weeks ago.i broke it at the bottom by ankle when a ladder kicked out on me and i fell about 10 to 12 feet.well i went to doc yesterday and i wasnt healing right so i had to go in for surgery today and he put 2 screws in it.after i had to ride 1.5 hours in a little s10 home.so im sore as hell and pain meds aint doing crap.any others had to go through this?any tips other then ice and elevation

Your going to have to suck it up for a bit bud.

I split mine in half not breaking skin wrecking my Harley in 94 and I still feel the screws bro especially squatting heavy.

Sounds like we both broke in same place and I had to have it re broken to fix!

Yeah I was new to AA and NA Alcohol Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous and didn't want to take any Narcatic drugs so I got a splint and went home, 2 weeks later I wanted Narcotics and the requested operation.

Bro I swear too you Morphine wasn't helping much at all just only a short bit then the pain got unbearable and I needed to keep hitting the button for more post surgery in the hospital for about a week. It hurt so much they took the Morphine away from me because I used it so much and I ended up yelling at them for hours to get it back and it was not to get high it was because I hurt so damn much.

I hurt more post surgery then I actually did in the accident and the 2 weeks at home in a splint.

I also got a titanium rod too though so that could have been the major factor of pain but I feel my screws right now!

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
I'm with everyone else on this one Pips I've got allot of screws and they're not coming out so I can empathize and from a couple of buddies who've had them where you have them I've heard it's worse. Hope they get you on the right meds and you heal up quickly!

Yeah it's because we put a lot of presure on them standing, walking, running, jumping, squatting, pulling and many other things I feel mine almost 20 years later!

pips

pips

MuscleHead
Jul 12, 2011
yep this not good but it was gonna happen sooner or later.docgave me a 30 count of precs 5/500.better then nothing still havent been able to sleep yet.cant figure out how to set leg down without extreme pain.sucking it up and moving on

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
Fuck. Been there. Screws in the bones create intense pain.

Bitch British nurse didn't give me what the doctor ordered, it was too much morphine by her standards. She skimped. Wouldn't want a guy getting drugs... I hurt intensely for her whole shift.

Elevation helps some bro. Time helps mostly. Not much help right now, but it will pass...

Last edited:
pips

pips

MuscleHead
Jul 12, 2011
supposed to start walking on it slightly weight bearing soon with aircast on.prob give it a few days.

jandj0821

jandj0821

VIP Member
Jul 7, 2011
That's what they gave me before surgery in march after they gave me Percocet shock didn't do shit 2 every 3 hours. Called doc and they added on top oxycotton every 12 hours to the cocktail. I was cured. Lol . Good luck bro drilling is bone is especially painful the next day.

YAMAHA147

YAMAHA147

MuscleHead
Feb 23, 2012
In all honestly I would ask for Roxicontin. Either the 15mg or 30mg. There is no acetaminophen so it wont bother your stomach. Ive had them for my surgeries but be careful as they are VERY addicting bro. Good Luck!

pips

pips

MuscleHead
Jul 12, 2011
ok guys i walked on it today semi weight bearing as i had to take my sons to buy mother day presents aircast and all.wasnt that bad.hurt when i got home but bearable.as for getting hooked on pain meds never happen seen alot of my child hood friends go down that road.i will get off them as soon as possible.sadly this has def ruined my summer cut schedule but i am already tweaking diet to hit it hard when i get off these meds.thanx to all for the info glad to see all u guys sharing exp on this was very helpful

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
Pips, you'll know when the pain meds are extra- you'll feel more high, they won't be a utility thang just getting you through- just keep that in check and you'll be fine. Us fuckers know pain and exerting our will, you'll know when to put them down. You'll know before the doc- I had to tell mine, "nope, no thanks" cuz I didn't need them, kinda wanted them, psychologically they are pleasant, but like you, I know better.

Best to you!

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
Pips, you'll know when the pain meds are extra- you'll feel more high, they won't be a utility thang just getting you through- just keep that in check and you'll be fine. Us fuckers know pain and exerting our will, you'll know when to put them down. You'll know before the doc- I had to tell mine, "nope, no thanks" cuz I didn't need them, kinda wanted them, psychologically they are pleasant, but like you, I know better.

Best to you!

So true!

Before the MRI that took about a year to get they kept offering me shot to the shoulder and I would refuse saying I need to feel what is going on and not numb it and mess it up more like many do, If you feel it you can control yourself accordingly!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic