Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Screwed my back up

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Welp....my back is fucked. I don't even have a good story behind it. I teach Jiu-jitsu 4-5 times per week, Muay Thai, weights 3 days per week and all is great. I try to take my shorts off and my toe got stuck and POP, there went my back. Now I have to get my wife to put my shoes and socks on for me. I'll be going to the Dr. Monday (soonest I could get in).

Anyone else dealing with this?

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
Well that’s fucked up good wishes on a quick and good recovery

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
I have in the past... my low back went out recently while running the weed-eater. It always happens to me when I'm doing an everyday, menial task. Ice it as much as possible and get some rest. Put some heat on it in a few days. It will get better... just takes a few weeks.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Oh shit dude, hope it gets better. I've done that before yikes.

L

Lifter74

Mar 11, 2022
I have in the past... my low back went out recently while running the weed-eater. It always happens to me when I'm doing an everyday, menial task. Ice it as much as possible and get some rest. Put some heat on it in a few days. It will get better... just takes a few weeks.
Yep. I worked in the steel industry for almost 2 decades. Always swinging hammers, lifting heavy parts, terrible body angles, ect. Never had back trouble till I opened the refrigerator one night to get a drink, dropped me to my knees and hasn't been the same since. Crazy isn't it.

myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
It may just be your stabilizers seizing up to protect you, happens when your spine gets in vulnerable position, such as sneezing while bent over over picking up your kid.
You may have trouble taking deep breath in or suck in your tummy, and will look like a duck while walking around.
I use this technique whenever I get one of those back tweaks.
Then I follow that with good squat workout going deep and work on stabilizing the bottom of reps.
Good luck man.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Well...I can bend at the waist today but twisting is a no no. Tried to vacuum and mop the mats at my school and its just too painful. Wakes me up every time I move at night. I've tweaked my back several times over the years but this might be the worst.

myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
Well...I can bend at the waist today but twisting is a no no. Tried to vacuum and mop the mats at my school and its just too painful. Wakes me up every time I move at night. I've tweaked my back several times over the years but this might be the worst.

Well get diagnosed first to be safe. But at any cost, please avoid any surgery when it comes to back...
I've known 0 person who's had back surgery that was successful and didnt need pain pill.
You teach BJJ so your hips should be super mobile but make sure you have good squatting and hinging movement patterns. If not currently, I'd work on improving them.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Well get diagnosed first to be safe. But at any cost, please avoid any surgery when it comes to back...
I've known 0 person who's had back surgery that was successful and didnt need pain pill.
You teach BJJ so your hips should be super mobile but make sure you have good squatting and hinging movement patterns. If not currently, I'd work on improving them.
Thats pretty much what I've seen as well. I've actually lost two students to back surgery over the years. One was dead lifting for reps at some event and on about rep 12 or 13 with 500 on the trap bar his back went. He never was able to come back after surgery. The other got hooked on pain pills and totally fucked himself up. I had to end up kicking him out because of it. I'm planning on seeing a couple different Drs.

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
I can attest to this from personal experience. DON'T get back surgery unless its absolutely the last resort and even then think again.

2 back surgeries here and still in pain and their solution is another surgery. LOL Don't do it bro.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic