Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Scientology Ads

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
Ever since the election, seems like all the political ads have been replaced with Scientology ads. Scientology was heavily featured in a mudslinging ad for LA Mayor. I was wondering if this is just an LA phenomena to rehabilitate their image after the mudslinging (as much as that is possible) or it is nationwide.

And, FFS, is it too much to ask that they paint their building a color other than blue? I swear I want to paint that building *any other color* every time I drive by on the 101. Reminds me of a prison or a mental facility from the 60's.

GettyImages_541790556.0.jpg

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Does Tom Cruise go to that one?

jawbreaker24

jawbreaker24

Apr 23, 2022
Yeah pretty sure, it looks like there Main “Hub”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny_Asian_Man

Funny_Asian_Man

Nov 30, 2022
Honestly, as long as they're not doing anything shady, illegal, or just plain wrong, I don't care. They can be as weird as they want. I personally enjoy conversing with Jehova's Witnesses when they knock on my door.

It only gets annoying when they start acting like one of those Westboro lunatics.

OP, have you met Scientologists before? What are they like? There's a lot of Mormons where I live and they're cool people.

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I said it before and said it again. It was written by a mediocre sci-fi author that SAID...

“You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion.”​

So he did, and these fools took it hook, line and sinker. there is a sucker born every minute.

L Ron.jpg

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Must be a local thing, because I haven't seen a single one.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Haven't seen one in a looooong time. It was almost every other commercial when I was a kid, Dyanetics by L Ron Hubbard. Was like, why does this guy keep interrupting my Batman for fcker!

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I haven't seen any ads. Where are you seeing them? TV? Online? I auto-mute and dick around with my phone (or dick) if TV. I never see ads online.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Yes Dianetics was HUGE back in the day really pushed in ads in the 80’s
Tin foil hats and abductions seem to be part of the program but I will let the “expert on all religions” chime in shortly and he will get us all straightened out

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
The ads, especially a variation of this one, are running endlessly. I have met scientologists....they used to approach teens (like myself at the time) in the 70's and 80's on the beach and offer a "personality test". Then they would try to rope you in. The Hare Krishnas used to do the same. Also, one of our PD "pastors" was a scientology minister. I made it clear she was not welcome to ride in my car.

As for Mormons....love the Mormons, even though their religion is stupid. There is a 3-part South Park Episode on Mormonism, and it is damned funny and spot on. Mormonism works very well for families and instills good values. Some of our best friends are Mormon.....and eventually we corrupted them through caffeine and alcohol....but while they no longer believe in the magic underwear and that they will get their own planet, they still adhere to the basic tenets of Mormonism, because it works very well for them.

Another factor in the Mormon ads in addition to the LA Mayor mudslinging was the recent rape trial for Scientologist Danny Masterson (hung jury), and Scientology has really gotten a lot of bad press around here.

BMJ, Tom Cruise does not go to that one. Celebrities go to the nearby Celebrity Center. They own, conservatively, $400 million in real estate in the Hollywood area.....all of it tax free.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic