Rolanalon
What's New?

Scary Headline in my Sunday morning paper

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
My wife and I get the local small town newspaper. It does a pretty good job, IMO, keeping us apprised of the local news. And I'm happy to support it.

In today's Sunday morning edition, above the fold, is this headline: "Agencies grapple with new Twitter".

Really? Twitter changed ownership, basically went private. That means the company has less regulatory obligations, not more, as it's not a publicly traded company with fiduciary duties to shareholders and transparency duties to the SEC.

But the powers that be don't like the prospect that the new owner may not censor the correct info, and so they need to "grapple" with this new company??? This is absolutely chilling to anyone who has even the slightest of libertarian leanings.

Screw the political powers that be. Don't tread on me, Don't tread on private companies, Don't tread on the 1st A. And the media just sits by and nods approvingly... until the day the agencies come for them, and they're starting to do so. Bunch of idiots.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
The media has their heads buried in the sand as to what is really going on around them/us. If they do report anything it is AO one sided I get pissed off. I can’t watch any news at all. Then you add the daily killings & it’s too depressing for me to even stand. I would like to be “informed “ but I just feel you never get the true story anyway.

sorry, just a little rant about the media. It really makes me sick.

The Angry Chihuahua

The Angry Chihuahua

Nov 12, 2022
My wife and I get the local small town newspaper. It does a pretty good job, IMO, keeping us apprised of the local news. And I'm happy to support it.

In today's Sunday morning edition, above the fold, is this headline: "Agencies grapple with new Twitter".

Really? Twitter changed ownership, basically went private. That means the company has less regulatory obligations, not more, as it's not a publicly traded company with fiduciary duties to shareholders and transparency duties to the SEC.

But the powers that be don't like the prospect that the new owner may not censor the correct info, and so they need to "grapple" with this new company??? This is absolutely chilling to anyone who has even the slightest of libertarian leanings.

Screw the political powers that be. Don't tread on me, Don't tread on private companies, Don't tread on the 1st A. And the media just sits by and nods approvingly... until the day the agencies come for them, and they're starting to do so. Bunch of idiots.
If Jeff Bezos had bought Twitter, there would be parties going on. But Elon is bad because he wants free speech. Remember, at no time in history were the good guys censoring information. Think about that.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I'm not allowed to watch the news since I just sit there and yell at the TV calling then liars.
I have to sneak some reading in or some youtube postings as my chic will clobber me of I watch any news BS cuz I go off as well.....LMAO

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
I have to sneak some reading in or some youtube postings as my chic will clobber me of I watch any news BS cuz I go off as well.....LMAO
I used to watch news in the morning before work as I was making breakfast, getting kids ready for school, etc. It got so bad my wife told me not to turn it on anymore. We would just listen to music instead. Now we sometimes listen to music, but still no news.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
I'm not allowed to watch the news since I just sit there and yell at the TV calling then liars.
Lmao, yes same here. After “election WEEK”, my wife basically banned me from watching the news as well.

Jrod

Jrod

Jun 30, 2022
The only news I watch is ESPN. And that is getting out of hand!

Reactions: HDH
jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I have not watched the news in years. It is all propaganda.

Reactions: HDH
rAJJIN

rAJJIN

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 30, 2011
It’s little to no news.
Just paid employee reading there script.

there head is for sure not in the sand.
There doing just as there instructed across the board.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic