Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Scapular activations

T

Tony Delk

Sep 15, 2010
I always see people doing the typical swing a 5lb plate around in circles as a half-whit warm up for the upper body. One of major objectives of the warm up is to activate the muscles needed for correct movement (which usually happen to be smaller ancillary/fixator muscles) and work on the ROM. Below is a very easy way to accomplish this without much space or equipment.

Last edited by a moderator:
myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
IMO scapular control is very important in all upperbody movements. poor mobility or control there can lead to shoulder injuries.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I just tried this movement. I assume you are supposed to pull your shoulder blades together. I noticed something. When my arms go above my head, my hands hit the floor. It's hard to keep them a few inches off the floor like in the demonstration. What is that telling me?

myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
I just tried this movement. I assume you are supposed to pull your shoulder blades together. I noticed something. When my arms go above my head, my hands hit the floor. It's hard to keep them a few inches off the floor like in the demonstration. What is that telling me?

tight lats, pec minor and poor thoracic spine mobility.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic