Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Scalp acne

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
I don't get acne anywhere on my body aside from the occasional zit on my back or more rarely on my face but lately for a few months I've been getting them on the top and back of my scalp. Had been using head and shoulders with zinc but doesn't seem to help much ... Decided to pick up some Nizoral shampoo, as I've read about people using this to slow or prevent dht related male pattern balding... And I guess it can clear up acne too? Don't have the MPB problem knock on wood..Got the over the counter 1% and also ordered some bodybuilders body wash to use as well

anyone ever had this problem and if so what did you do to remedy it?

TheSpectre

TheSpectre

MuscleHead
May 4, 2013
I'm a staph-carrier. Mine is terrible right now and so is my face, not just my scalp. Going to the doctor to get some antibiotics and Bactroban gel to put in my nostrils.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Neutrogena T-Sal shampoo is 3% salicylic acid and works well for me. I also rarely get pimples anywhere on my body but get head zits bad from Tren and High dose Test. T-Sal and tanning clear it up fast (but I am bald so tanning might not do shit for you)

Rebel Yell

Rebel Yell

Feb 19, 2015
Dude, it may be folliculitis :(

It sucks ass. Usually kicks in when doing AAS. Do NOT pick them , it will help spread it.

What helps:

1) Change your pillow cases
2) Change your towels daily
3) If it gets really bad you may need prescription - Clindamycin tabs
4) Dermatologist - Clindamycin Lotion

AND THE MOST effective thing I found to work - no BS is Tree Tea Oil mixed diluted with water - It smells strong.
When showering wash your head and face ( don't get in your eyes and mouth). Leave on head if possible for a few minutes. In fact it's graet for the face too and clears your skin.
Try not to wear hats, but if you must : get a spritzer bottle _ tea Tree Oil diluted with water - spray on head a mist of it and in the hat itself. Yeah it has a slight astringent smell.

Amazon.com : NOW Foods Tea Tree Oil 4 oz : Beauty

And if you must, grow your hair longer and it seems to :
1) come out less
2) doesn't show as much

Hope this helps.

TheSpectre

TheSpectre

MuscleHead
May 4, 2013
Mine is folliculitis caused by excessive sebum production. My father, who never juiced had the same problem. Mine is staph based. Look into Bactroban ointment for your nostrils as staph likes to colonize in your nose. Bactroban is an amazing spot treatment for boils as well.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic