Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Saw something that made me have hope for at lease some of the young generation

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
I was walking to the gym, there was a car parked right in front of the door. As I rounded the car I saw an old man getting out to evidently to go in. A young man with tattoos and dreadlocks was walking out and saw the old guy who was moving slow with a cane. He asked the old fella if he needed help. I could not hear what was said but the young man went back in the gym with the old guy and I saw him later showing the old fella how to use the equipment.

Respect.

These events are few and far between with young folk. They seem so self absorbed and entitled. Have you seen something that gives you hope for these young folk?

A1food4u

A1food4u

VIP Member
May 9, 2012
Some of you know i coach high school softball locally..... There is a freshman, she came to the early meetings, and you saw some girls in the room obviously talking and chuckling at her... she has some form of asbergers (sp) . Anyway.... open gym practices started (captains run them not coaches) I was there opening the equipment room and I watched the freshman enter the gym.... silence.... all the chatter had drown down... then a senior captain and two juniors who were varsity players walked over and welcomed her, they worked with her through the whole practice.... the rest of the teams players quickly fell in line watching the seniors lead.....

I couldn't have been prouder and knew we had chosen the right captain

Perhaps its not quite the same but it was a warm moment

jipped genes

jipped genes

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2022
Some of you know i coach high school softball locally..... There is a freshman, she came to the early meetings, and you saw some girls in the room obviously talking and chuckling at her... she has some form of asbergers (sp) . Anyway.... open gym practices started (captains run them not coaches) I was there opening the equipment room and I watched the freshman enter the gym.... silence.... all the chatter had drown down... then a senior captain and two juniors who were varsity players walked over and welcomed her, they worked with her through the whole practice.... the rest of the teams players quickly fell in line watching the seniors lead.....

Awesome bro. There are some good ones out there.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015

That is why my son was chosen as the captain of the wrestling team. First day of practice last year, one of the freshmen who was on the spectrum was struggling, so my son took him over to the side and started breaking down practice in manner he could better understand. Coach seen it and made him the team captain that day.

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
I've had my son and daughter both in martial arts (Tang Soo Do - Chuck Norris' first discipline) since he was 5, and she was 6. The school has codes of conduct, which include "loyalty to country, obey parents, and honor friendships."

All the teen age black belts I've known there over the years have been good, respectful kids. Now that both my kids are black belts (son is 2nd degree, daughter just got her black fabric in December), and I can say my kids are pretty good, too. Kids are always better behaved for other people, right? Lol.

My son has also been in Scouts since 1st grade. He is a life scout now at age 14. Eagle is next.

Scouts also have the Scout Oath and Scout Law, which they recite at every meeting (usually weekly). You can look those up, but it's generally a good bunch of codes to live by.

The older Scouts, around 14 and up, do a pretty good job setting good examples and reminding the younger ones of their duties/responsibilities as Scouts.

These have helped support and reinforce our parenting and teaching them to be good people. I highly recommend both these to every parent.

My daughter is also a competitive swimmer.

Basically, organized activities are good. Keep kids busy and out of trouble. But it really helps when there are codes of conduct as mentioned above with martial arts and Scouts.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic