Threads
Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism

Sambo Shoes

D

Deadlift Addict

Jan 5, 2017
Anybody here using/used Russian Sambo shoes for deadlifting? Seen Yury Belkin and someone said Konstantin Konstantinovs use them. Opinions?

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Sambo or Sabo?

Sabo is a Russian Show Company that makes a Show design for Deadlifts. Basically looks like a wrestling shoe with 2 straps.

Sambo is a Boxing, Kick boxing, MMA shoe.

Edit: Looked at some pic's of Yury Belkin with Google. Sure enough they are Sambo Shoes. Interesting choice. Think sole, but not sure what the sole looks like or is made of. I saw just leather soles. I mean they work awesome for him.

D

Deadlift Addict

Jan 5, 2017
In the description it is said that the shoes are meant to give great grip. For deadlifts I can imagine they work very good for the grip and the sole doesn't seem thick either so you must be getting good contact with the floor. I'm gonna buy 'em this month probably to test them out and I'll update this post with info! :)

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
In the description it is said that the shoes are meant to give great grip. For deadlifts I can imagine they work very good for the grip and the sole doesn't seem thick either so you must be getting good contact with the floor. I'm gonna buy 'em this month probably to test them out and I'll update this post with info! :)

I wish I could hold a pair in my hands. I'm in need of new Deadlifting Shoes. I wore my SABO's out already. The Soles are getting pretty smooth from spreading the floor. Personally I wouldn't pay of over $50 for SABO's. I'm looking at Wrestling shoes, E-Bay SABO's or maybe these Sambo's now... I was looking for the Reebok TR's, but I can't find my size. I wish someone would really make a quality Sumo/Wide Stance Shoe..

My dream Shoe.. Would be the Full Leather Metal shoes, with the Reebok Sole with Straps like the SABO's.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic