Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

RT. elbow slight nagging strain.

Titan

Titan

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2010
About 4 weeks ago I was working triceps by doing the heavy single dumb-bell seated behind the head/ over head extensions.

https://pin.it/fikxyemm3npkdn

During this movement it just didn't feel right, so I stopped. I've had enough injuries over the years to tell when your about to cause problems but as the day and night went on, it actually felt I had injured the ligament just inside medial aspect of the elbow region. Im on a light cycle of ASS and about 2-3 iu's a day of legit HGH but it still seems to bother me.
Any suggestions?

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Having had many injuries over the years, I suggest working around it. Find exercises that do not aggravate your condition. Should you not be able to train around it take 6 weeks off and stay on the GH. In the big picture you are always better off taking time now and healing, rather than push yourself into either surgery at best or chronic pain for the rest of your life.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
About 4 weeks ago I was working triceps by doing the heavy single dumb-bell seated behind the head/ over head extensions.

https://pin.it/fikxyemm3npkdn

During this movement it just didn't feel right, so I stopped. I've had enough injuries over the years to tell when your about to cause problems but as the day and night went on, it actually felt I had injured the ligament just inside medial aspect of the elbow region. Im on a light cycle of ASS and about 2-3 iu's a day of legit HGH but it still seems to bother me.
Any suggestions?

Give the BPC 157 a try about 5.4mcg/kg for 2-4 weeks depending on the severity of the injury. I always like to inject close to the injury but it is not absolutely necessary. Take a week off and the next week come back with high reps 20+ and much lighter weight. Most likely you will be GTG after that. Might try wearing the neoprene elbow sleeves for a while too. They help keep the smaller joints warm and helping to avoid injury.

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
I haven't been able to preform that exercise for more than 10 years because of the stress it causes the elbow joint.

Sounds like you have some tendonosis of the tricep tendon. Nothing much you can do but rest, ice, stretch. If you see a chiro or PT you can try IASTM, cupping, class 4 laser, ultrasound. I'd honestly avoid that movement all together. Plenty of other exercises for triceps. To prevent the injury from reoccuring, you can try wearing elbow sleeves or those compression cuffs like super training makes.

Take 1-2 weeks off. Avoid all movements that provocate pain. Once you think pain is gone, wear the sleeves/cuffs for support.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Stack more stuff on your stack.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I use a cable to perform those overhead extensions. I would rest like so many have said.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
I might also suggest that instead of doing a more isolated exercise for triceps that puts a tremendous strain on the connective tissue that you switch to the JM Press

Dips and The Hammer plate loaded pressdown machine are good too.

Titan

Titan

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2010
Thanks guys all good advises...except the CFM one.....quesion to CFM:
What?

myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
Overheads are notorious for causing elbow injury. You must have enough flexibility on your shoulder joints to do it safely. Few issues with the overhead extensions and its variations...
1. The weight gets heaviest when the muscles are fully lengthened. This puts alot of pressure on connective tissues.
2. Having arms overhead means blood is traveling down, so possibly less blood flow(this is just my theory... ) if you let your arm hang on your side, you see your veins on your forearm right? Now raise your arm overhead and watch your veins disappear. Again, its just my theory
3. If you got big delts/traps and big neck, it may choke you out of blood flow. If your shouldsr is not sitting right on overhead position, it may actually cut off blood supply.

I'd let the swelling go away, use BP 157 and rest that spot for 2 weeks, then start pumping triceps with safer elbow friendly movements and do lots of it. 1 arm kick back is very easy on your elbows and strengthen the weakest portion of strength curve which is contraction where muscles are fully shortened. If you're one of those with trouble extending elbows fully, I'd suggest building strength in that range and make sure you're able to fully lock out.

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
TRY INCLINE DUMBELL EXT ---INCLINE PUTS UR ELBOWS MORE BEHIND

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Your issue sounds more serious than mine but I had tendinitis in my elbow and did 100 banded pressdowns everyday for a week and it cleared up. When it starts to show up again I bust those out for a few days and gone...
It's a quick, almost snappy time of movement...you're not trying to work your tricep muscle.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic