Members
Latest Member
pbtom

RR

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
I know you are a real stong woman and I was interested if you would share some if your PRs or best accomplishments in your strong woman events. How long have you been interested in the sport and have you also participated in PLing meets. Just trying to get to know you better. Have you suffered any significant injury before etc?

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Ill have to answer this tonight when I get home .

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Interested in this as well....RR, you and I spoke about my friend around here also that wants to get back into it.

If there's anything that I could advise of her to get back into SM/SWM, websites, events etc, I'd be more than happy to help her along with your assistance.

J

Joy

TID Lady Member
Nov 5, 2011
Yup. I'm super interested in reading about what you do too, RR.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Interested in this as well....RR, you and I spoke about my friend around here also that wants to get back into it.

If there's anything that I could advise of her to get back into SM/SWM, websites, events etc, I'd be more than happy to help her along with your assistance.

Send her to my gym

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Send her to my gym

SHe's down in newport, about 5'11 maybe 280ish, used to do scottish games....she's "easing" her way back in doing zumba and cardio classes.....VERY self conscious about her weight right now. TOugh to tell her otherwise as she's worried about the naysayers and "on-lookers"....I almost feel bad, she's a good kid.

Superman

Superman

VIP Member
Aug 28, 2012
I really wanna see this... RR is crazy strong, super gifted athlete.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Well for starters I suck at writing so hang in there on this one.

I started training for strongwoman in 2003 at a 24 hour fitness with a 300 lb bodybuilder for a trainer.I had been lifting in general to lose weight. I quickly realized I was stronger than average .Worlds strongest man had been on Tv and it got me interested. I did a bunch of google searching and found a strongman board and joined up. I also learned there was a training group within 30 minutes of me.

I trained with Julie Havelka a few times and was instantly hooked.Unfortunately Julie and Todd were moving on to wrestling and no longer consistently training for strongman. I slowly started collecting my own implements and did alot of gym training . You can actually simulate alot of stuff in the gym. Julie has a book out that gives a ton of training tips on how to simulate strongman training with limited implements http://www.juliehavelka.com/bookpage1.html

On the strongman forum a person in my town joined and he had a ton of implements. That was the start of our training group.

My first contest was July in Eagle,Idaho. I took second to last .It was at this comp that Amy Wattles and I met. It was her first competition and she took first killing all of us.
I look back at the weights and remember how hard I thought they were. They are now lightweight women's weights if not lighter.

The sport has changed so much in a positive direction. we are now competing with the same or similar as the lw men .
I really cant remember how many competitions I have done . I am generally in the top 3 of all local shows .
In 2004 I competed in England's strongest woman . I believe I took 5th place . I got to hang with Anna Rosen and Anki Oberg . I also met with Hanne Bingle. All great ladies that I was lucky to have the opportunity to meet and compete with

In 2008 I was invited to WSW in Poland where I took 5th place. I beat my best friend by half a point .She has kicked my ass ever since in competition.
I have never done a powerlifting competition . I don't know how well I would be able to "conform". We are allowed to hitch throw hell whatever it takes to get the weight up .
In 2011 Kaz hosted our nationals and there is nothing cooler than hanging with Kaz !

I only strength train three days a week and the rest I try to get endurance work in . If I had to say my worst fault it would definetly be I am more static strength than explosiveness or being quick. my mind goes completely numb when competing .Everything I do is out of habit.
Anything you wanna know just ask.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
As far as your friend goes. Highland games are totally different than strongwoman training. If she is by Pob then yes the group he trains with is an awesome strongman group. If she has questions she can ask away. Either have her sign up here or I can pm you my email. Honestly we had this discussion but none of us are small people(ok we do have lw groups) .As long as she can move with the weight then she shouldnt be worried about her body image.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
You're a woman, you know how hard it is to talk sense into you girls? haha.

Thanks RR, I appreciate your involvement and experience.

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
Damn RR thanks for sharing all that. I knew you were strong and good but I had no idea you were that good. That is so cool! I have a sister that used to live in eagle Idaho and as you know that's a small town. That's great that they were able to hold an even. And you competed in England. Damn impressive. Thanks again for giving us a look at what you do and love. My hats off to you.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic