Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
Update on equipment from RPS and XPC:

Effective Immediately Updates have made the following clarifications to their respective Rulebooks as it pertains to Bench Press Shirts & Squat Suits.
The following is the entry that has been entered into the Rulebook:

"Any shirt containing natural or synthetic rubber either sewn in, glued or bonded are deemed illegal. Rubber in the form of rubber bands similar to resistance training bands, rubber in a cylindrical form similar to a bungee cords and a "poured mold " fashion whether adhered or woven into the fabric are not permitted. Use of rubber or similar materials are allowed for seam protection or repair as long as the rubber does not span between weight bearing areas of the garment."

Also, The adding or modifying of a Bench shirt or Squat suit by installing a "slingshot" type device is Illegal !!!! This is not an attack on Slingshot or any related product, They are a valuable training tool and are recognized as such and we respect Mark Bell for his contributions to the sport of Powerlifting.

Also Bench Shirts comprised of rows of knee wrap material are also deemed Illegal.

Thank You,
Gene Rychlak, Jr Founder & President Revolution Powerlifting Syndicate
XPC Vice- President

Dan Dague
Founder & President Xtreme Powerlifting Coalition

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I had a chat with a friend of mine about this. He did his last meet in a shirt with a "benchdaddy" basically sewn in. That thing adds ridiculous pounds to your bench. He is a 500 bencher but was doing 585 for triples to a 3 board with it.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Now, what is their reasoning for this? Why has it been banned? Is it b/c the sewn in rubber gives the lifter an advantage? Doesn't all equipment give the lifter an advantage? I'm neither for or against equipment but when they ban something I wonder.... why are they banning it? Perhaps rubber is the next evolution in equipped lifting.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Now, what is their reasoning for this? Why has it been banned? Is it b/c the sewn in rubber gives the lifter an advantage? Doesn't all equipment give the lifter an advantage? I'm neither for or against equipment but when they ban something I wonder.... why are they banning it? Perhaps rubber is the next evolution in equipped lifting.

I am going to ask Gene when I see him in a couple weeks. Pretty sure I know the answer. Its' because there is a definition of multiply. It doesn't meet (exceeds) the definition. I'll get some clarity though.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I am going to ask Gene when I see him in a couple weeks. Pretty sure I know the answer. Its' because there is a definition of multiply. It doesn't meet (exceeds) the definition. I'll get some clarity though.

I thought multiply meant multiple layers so sewing them into the shirt adds another layer does it not? Not trying to argue, I just think this is interesting.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I thought multiply meant multiple layers so sewing them into the shirt adds another layer does it not? Not trying to argue, I just think this is interesting.
I think it's interesting too. Check out RPS rules for equipment. There is a limit to layers.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic