Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Routine Question, which is best for my goals?

Y

yadira0020

TID Lady Member
Dec 1, 2011
Hey guys, Thanks for all your advice things are going really well. Ive been doing a routine which I got from bodybuilding.com for 4 weeks now, but it does not hit each group twice a week (something I would think would be conducive to building LBM which is my goal right now). I have placed a link below so you can see exactly what it entails.

Bodybuilding.com - Jen Rankin's Muscle Building Program

I checked out her routine for cutting phase, and it seems to hit all groups twice a week, but is also a lot more intense. Here is the link for that below:

Bodybuilding.com - Jen Rankin's Cutting Program

My goal for the coming months is to put on as much LBM and stay within 10 lbs of my weight in order to start cutting in Mid April. I have been working out for a long time, but have never tried a serious program for building muscle in a very specific way. Please let me know your thoughts. Soooo appreciate your guidance :)

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
personally i would say that if you are lifting heavy enough to be doing a "mass building" routine you should only be hitting each muscle group once a week. the muscles and the CNS need time to recover in order to properly grow. if you are going heavy, you should ideally be giving each group a week off in between workouts.

certainly for a cutting then one could go twice weekly because your weight lifted would be less and therefore less stress on the muscles and CNS and therefore less time needed for recovery.

Y

yadira0020

TID Lady Member
Dec 1, 2011
Thanks AllTheWay. I didn't realize the body needs that much time to grow properly when lifting heavy. This is such a learning process, there is so much I still don't know! I am enjoying every bit of it though :) Hopefully when I cut my abs will look like yours. Thanks again!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic