Members
Latest Member
pbtom

rousey rattled?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Like has been said... anyone can lose any day.

Did everyone forget Anderson Silva losing to Chris Weidman?

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
Holy Holm is pretty hot too... i would fight her... winner gets to be on top!

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Holy Holm is pretty hot too... i would fight her... winner gets to be on top!

She'd wind up strapping on some monster dong and making you her beotch, lol..... Get them to record it, lol....

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
She'd wind up strapping on some monster dong and making you her beotch, lol..... Get them to record it, lol....
lol... that would be my luck... kicked in the face for a knock out and wake up with a huge strap-on in me arse....

any1uno

any1uno

MuscleHead
Dec 22, 2010
The fight reminded me of the ol' rope a dope technique. Holly stood just out of reach making Ronda chase here which made her tire easy and her technique sloppy. But, I'm no expert just a fan of two women wrestling each other.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
The fight reminded me of the ol' rope a dope technique. Holly stood just out of reach making Ronda chase here which made her tire easy and her technique sloppy. But, I'm no expert just a fan of two women wrestling each other.

That was exactly what she did. I think people underestimated Holly and her ability strike and gauge distance. Watching her footwork and ability to strike with precision, she tore Ronda apart. I'm a Rousey fan, but I was definitely concerned with her strategy. As Holm's coach, Greg Jackson, stated, they stuck to the game plan and watched the Chuck Liddell/Rashad Evans fight and basically, they counterpunched and basically used that game plan to let Ronda be the aggressor and pick her apart. People forget Holly was a multiple time world boxing champion. Throw in her reach advantage and Ronda's aggressive style and it was a perfect storm.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
That was exactly what she did. I think people underestimated Holly and her ability strike and gauge distance. Watching her footwork and ability to strike with precision, she tore Ronda apart. I'm a Rousey fan, but I was definitely concerned with her strategy. As Holm's coach, Greg Jackson, stated, they stuck to the game plan and watched the Chuck Liddell/Rashad Evans fight and basically, they counterpunched and basically used that game plan to let Ronda be the aggressor and pick her apart. People forget Holly was a multiple time world boxing champion. Throw in her reach advantage and Ronda's aggressive style and it was a perfect storm.

I agree with this. I think many have talked about Rousey's weaknesses before and they were right back then as well. It's just that no other woman had been able to dictate the fight before, but instead Rhonda was able to dictate the fight. Rhonda should have been more patient (and been in better cardio condition), and eventually tied her up and gotten her against the cage where she could throw Holly and then dictate the fight from the ground. Holly, to her credit, didn't let her do that.

Holly gave everyone the blueprint for beating Rousey if they're able to deploy the same mobility and footwork. It's easy to talk about, but I'm sure Holly wasn't the first woman to enter the cage with Rousey with that as their game plan. IMO, the striking fight they had is more exciting than a 30 second takedown followed by submission. So this fight might not have been good for Rousey, but in the long run it may be better for the UFC.

People talk about Cyborg and say she would destroy Rousey. I don't know. Maybe she could. She certainly has the striking power to do it, but I really don't know if she has the defensive ability to maintain the distance that Holly did. Or the ability to stuff a submission. Rousey had a chance to get something, but Holly, to her credit, defended it. I have no idea whether Cyborg has those type of skills. I don't know the skill level of the fighters she's faced.

TheSpectre

TheSpectre

MuscleHead
May 4, 2013
Cyborg is a two time Purple Belt Jiu Jitsu World Champion and now a very solid brown belt. She'd never be afraid to go to the ground with Ronda.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
I equate Rousey to Mike Tyson in the way that if you can survive the early onslaught, or early rounds in Mikes case, your chances of winning go up big time. It's like they both plan on early dominance in the fight, but the longer the fight goes on the more frustrated they get and get away from their plan. I don't think either one of them have/had a plan or strategy past the first round.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Rousey fycked up going for the armbar when she had the chance. She didn't trap the arm and Holly got it out.

Cyborg does have a high level of BJJ and an ace in that she hits like a house. My only concern is that she walks around much heavier so to drop that much weight may have a huge impact on her performance.

Mrhat

Mrhat

Jan 8, 2014
Cyborg is a man, and should never get a chance to fight a woman. Most every 135 # man in the ufc, could get there tool cut off and become the woman's world champion.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Cyborg is a man, and should never get a chance to fight a woman. Most every 135 # man in the ufc, could get there tool cut off and become the woman's world champion.
Nice first post. Sounds like you have a case of little man syndrome.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic