dl
warmup
245x5
265x5
310x7

box squat
225x2x5
245x6

160 sandbag picks x 10 with my fingertips.My pick is my weakest part of sandbag carrying and loading.Trying to build some fingertip strength.rolling thunder 90 x2

Ever try the rice bucket? That always seems to add so much strength to my wrists, forearms and fingers

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Hmmm care to explain in further detail about this rice bucket?

jdjack

jdjack

MuscleHead
Sep 22, 2010
Pitchers use them to train with also.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
So there was some confusion on what days we were training this week.I didnt know we were training and went and did hill sprints before training.I am pretty sure this was the reason that tonights training fried me by the last set of box squats.

Deadlift
warmup
245x3
280x3
315x6

Box squat
warmup
195x3
225x3
255x3 and my form went to crap on the third one and I was totally done for the night!

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
I didnt post a pressing workout on thursday .Nothiing impressive..........

Apparently James and I were the only ones(in our crew) that felt event training was more important than the superbowl today.

Box squats
215x5
235x3
265x7 .....I think this was a good idea to seperate squat and deadlift.They are both getting heavy enough that it is causing the lift I do second to go down.

18 inch axle dl
305x15
255x20

170 sandbag picks and cleans.James tightened up the bag and it makes it soooooo much easier.Let me say though out of all the events I am dreading this one the most.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Just shoot me now! This week has been miserable for me remember stuff!

I went by what I thought I was supposed to do number wise
dl
warmup
245x5
305x3
345x4

Shrugs

rows

Last edited:
Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
So I have gone off the beaten path a bit.This will be the first time coming into a comp not being overtrained.I hope I havent undertrained and have found my happy medium.I havent trained for two weeks.Ok I have gone in and messed around with some light stuff but no serious rhyme nor reason to any training.

I will be sure to post up some pics of Saturdays comp.If anyone is in the boise area and wants to watch a comp pm me and i'll give you the address of the place.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I know its been almost a month since Get Some suggested the ole' rice in a bucket exercise, but here's how its done. Just take a 5 gallon bucket, fill it almost to the top with uncooked rice, and the apparatus is complete. Now just set it down in front of a chair and dig your hand to the bottom of the bucket, not by moving your arm back and forth, but by closing and opening your hand only while keeping a downward pressure. Not only should your fingers, hands, and forearms burn after just a few minutes, but you will develop callouses on your fingertips (which is an added benefit for pitchers JdJack).
You could superset this with a farmers walk, or just set it in front of your favorite chair at home and do it during every commercial. Or if you don't watch tv, at least you can do this at home. This does work.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
So I have gone off the beaten path a bit.This will be the first time coming into a comp not being overtrained.I hope I havent undertrained and have found my happy medium.I havent trained for two weeks.Ok I have gone in and messed around with some light stuff but no serious rhyme nor reason to any training.

I will be sure to post up some pics of Saturdays comp.If anyone is in the boise area and wants to watch a comp pm me and i'll give you the address of the place.

Good Luck in your comp Saturday; looking forward to the stories on Monday......

MAYO

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic