Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Rotator cure surgery finally here

Patriot1405

Patriot1405

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2011
Well finally got my surgery scheduled for Thursday the 6th. Both rotators are torn. I go for the second one in February. Haven’t worked out in 4 months. The gym was my therapy. won’t be able to really get back till next summer. Lost a lot of size but trying to keep my head right and looking forward to finally being pain free. I’ll be 55 next May, so I’m sure returning to size is going to take some time. Right now just praying for a speedy recovery.

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
I wish you all the best and speedy recovery my friend. You can workout again in a few weeks with in some light cardio, abs, legs, etc. I know it’s not the same, but it’s active recovery.

@BrotherIron has been posting great techniques he has been implementing for his active recovery. I know its gonna be a challenging time, but keep positive and keep us all posted!

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Yeah, take your rehab seriously. Shoulders nothing to play around with. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Patriot1405

Patriot1405

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2011
I wish you all the best and speedy recovery my friend. You can workout again in a few weeks with in some light cardio, abs, legs, etc. I know it’s not the same, but it’s active recovery.

@BrotherIron has been posting great techniques he has been implementing for his active recovery. I know its gonna be a challenging time, but keep positive and keep us all posted!

Thank you brother, appreciate your advice!

Patriot1405

Patriot1405

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2011
Yeah, take your rehab seriously. Shoulders nothing to play around with. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Thank you sir, reading up on your “shoulder rehab movements” now.
Skimming through looks like a wealth of knowledge. I have much to learn, but I’m very disciplined and will perform rehab therapy religiously.

T

tplandry86

Sep 16, 2015
Wishing you the best. My 2 cents after 5 shoulder surgeries, ice is your friend, I use a Game Ready ice and compression machine. It keep me out. Of the pill bottle (never had to ask for more).

And when it comes to physical therapy “you only get out of it what you put in/YOU are in charge of your recovery.” That being said, don’t rush it, the shoulder is a fickle mistress.

luckysaint

luckysaint

VIP Member
Aug 5, 2011
Well finally got my surgery scheduled for Thursday the 6th. Both rotators are torn. I go for the second one in February. Haven’t worked out in 4 months. The gym was my therapy. won’t be able to really get back till next summer. Lost a lot of size but trying to keep my head right and looking forward to finally being pain free. I’ll be 55 next May, so I’m sure returning to size is going to take some time. Right now just praying for a speedy recovery.

Well your in good hands im sure and all will be fine. Im 54 and will most likely have the same surgery on my right shoulder soon. Also Good luck with your training I know after my open heart surgery 3 yrs ago my weight went from 275-280 down to 205. Went back to training 3 months later (post surgery) and gained back 60 pounds in a month, crazy, huh??….. Doctors said that was unreal as hell but when you want something bad enough you just make it happen. Muscle memory is a great thing!!

Lucky

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
hope things have gone well Brah!!!

take ur time ease back slow

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
@Patriot1405 we are in misery together bro! just had my right arm done on 8/31. im almost 2 weeks post surgery. i went to gym today, but just did bike and was good to see peeps.
im 48 yo.
yea, ice ice baby.

are u getting a cpm machine? at doc follow up, he said he put in for this. just waiting on the call.

i let my arm dangle by my side, i was holding onto it. it felt good to straighten elbow lol.
good luck! keep your mental state positive. i google positive thoughts/memes every day to set my mind straight.
Did u shower yet? you are prolly seeing yer doc this week.

stay positive! if u come in here, we can complain together lol. but also keep each other positive.

Patriot1405

Patriot1405

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2011
@Patriot1405 we are in misery together bro! just had my right arm done on 8/31. im almost 2 weeks post surgery. i went to gym today, but just did bike and was good to see peeps.
im 48 yo.
yea, ice ice baby.

are u getting a cpm machine? at doc follow up, he said he put in for this. just waiting on the call.

i let my arm dangle by my side, i was holding onto it. it felt good to straighten elbow lol.
good luck! keep your mental state positive. i google positive thoughts/memes every day to set my mind straight.
Did u shower yet? you are prolly seeing yer doc this week.

stay positive! if u come in here, we can complain together lol. but also keep each other positive.

Hey Bova, glad to hear you’re doing okay. I do have that ice machine and I love it!!!! What is a CPM machine? I don’t see my doc until the 19th. It’s been 5 days since the surgery and I feel pretty good. CANNOT seem to sleep with the damn sling on. But I’m very aware of my shoulder when I sleep so I don’t injure it. I’m off of the pain killers and just on Advil now. I have showered twice already with the help of my wife. Little bit better everyday!

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
hey @Patriot1405 , yea that ice is the bomb. cpm machine is a machine delivered to house u lay your arm in it and it moves your arm for you to start working on range of motion. will let u know if i get it. havent heard anything yet.
didnt u see doc to get stitches out?
yea the sling/immobilizer is terrible lol. my sleep is pretty much none or spotty hour here and there. lol. im gonna go get some tylenol pm. see if that will help.
im off the pain killers too, but this passed saturday had a terrible pain spell, lasted a few hours. had some leftover hydrocodone so ended up taking some.
i straightened my arm and let it hang...mmmm...felt so good lol.
im now able to get myself out of the sling and shower myself and get it back on.
im still sleepin in recliner. yay lol. i cant wait to lay down in bed!

we got this!

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
glad ur doing well
not so happy that you can shower yourself :D
i like to hit the cryofreeze at the gym ---seems to help a bunch
also if ur PT has one of these https://www.shouldersphere.com/

Godspeed to all of you

im going in for surgery #26 soon --this time to get a piece of sharpel out of my side
its worked its way up toward the surface and now can easily been taken out

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic