Members
Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Rotator Cuff Injury

arnold

arnold

Sep 9, 2010
Has anyone had any experiences with a rotator cuff injury?

I think I have pulled something in my shoulder. Felt it yesterday on final set on flat bench, then went to incline flys and had to stop. It wasn't pain as such but felt like my shoulder wanted to click. Would it be best to rest, go light weight and high reps or concentrate on building the rotator cuff only?

Hanniballickedher

Hanniballickedher

MuscleHead
Dec 12, 2010
Has anyone had any experiences with a rotator cuff injury?

I think I have pulled something in my shoulder. Felt it yesterday on final set on flat bench, then went to incline flys and had to stop. It wasn't pain as such but felt like my shoulder wanted to click. Would it be best to rest, go light weight and high reps or concentrate on building the rotator cuff only?

This is the answer, I am going through it now and going through Physical Therapy for it.

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
Yes, i recovered in about 1/2 the time the doc thought by taking it very easy and taking CISSUS RX. Amazing supp for this kind of thing. one good exercise i always do is taking a 5 pound plate and putting my arm in an upside down l position, meaning my shoulder down to my elbow is parallel with the floor. then from elbow to wrist is straight down at a 90 degree angle. keep top half of your arm where it is and rotate your arm using your shoulder as the pivot point all the way up and all the way down

V

vpiedu

Feb 4, 2011
yes, and it was one of the worst injuries i have had as far as lifting goes, couldn't do anything ie. train, run, sleep. hurt mine doing heavy bench (was 39 at the time) opted for cortisone shot and physical therapy. took me 18 months of physical therapy and 6 months of modified lifting to get back in the gym on a regular lifting schedule. as far as your lifting goes listen to your body, if it hurts dont do it. continue doing what you can but if your pain persist please go see your doctor. btw if anything is rough on a shoulder it is flys. best of luck!

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
What spot on your shoulder is the pain? sometimes its refferal pain and sometimes its not, also what range of motion is hurting the most to do, and do you have some ranges with no pain?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic