Latest Member
Samson0692
What's New?

Rotator Cuff - Full Thickness Tear

parttimer

parttimer

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2011
I learned long ago, get away from barbells and stick with dumbbells. I had a Mumford done on both shoulders and one full thickness repair. No problems doing weight up to 150 on dumbells, go to bar, I'm in tears. Bars and machines lock every part into a position and that's what makes stuff hurt on me. Straight bar curls, presses forget it.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I learned long ago, get away from barbells and stick with dumbbells. I had a Mumford done on both shoulders and one full thickness repair. No problems doing weight up to 150 on dumbells, go to bar, I'm in tears. Bars and machines lock every part into a position and that's what makes stuff hurt on me. Straight bar curls, presses forget it.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
I use a lot of machines but I have found the standard grip doesn't work for me. I use them with an open palm (push exercises) so I can adjust my arms similar to DBs.

My shoulders are pretty bad so dumbells aren't always optimal. It can be easier to get out of form towards the last reps unless slow and controlled. I can use DBs for bench but not shoulders.

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
Bicep Injury, Not sure if it is a new injury or related to the Shoulder (Full Thickness). Appt with Surgeon, April 11th

Pt ambulated to the bathroom with PT. PT did not stay with him. Call bell rings, he is finished. stood up, and he passed out. this happened 3x. Ammonia Inhalant, Sternal chest rub used. BP 70-80's/40's. Not able to get WC or other equipment in the bathroom, so I bear hugged him and carried him to the door, then placed in WC, and rolled him bedside. lift again with coworkers to place in bed. 6', 260lbs. Most coworkers barely 5'ft, 110 - 120lbs. He was in the bathroom to long to I wanted him out.

sharp discomfort in the front/side shoulder later on. The bicep does not move if flexed. its wrinkled. discomfort is intermittent with pushing.

bigrobbie

bigrobbie

TID OG Member
Sep 19, 2010
Bicep Injury, Not sure if it is a new injury or related to the Shoulder (Full Thickness). Appt with Surgeon, April 11th

Pt ambulated to the bathroom with PT. PT did not stay with him. Call bell rings, he is finished. stood up, and he passed out. this happened 3x. Ammonia Inhalant, Sternal chest rub used. BP 70-80's/40's. Not able to get WC or other equipment in the bathroom, so I bear hugged him and carried him to the door, then placed in WC, and rolled him bedside. lift again with coworkers to place in bed. 6', 260lbs. Most coworkers barely 5'ft, 110 - 120lbs. He was in the bathroom to long to I wanted him out.

sharp discomfort in the front/side shoulder later on. The bicep does not move if flexed. its wrinkled. discomfort is intermittent with pushing.
So you feel you're injured not just hurt?

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
I think I have torn something in my shoulder as well. I just started lifting in January again and had put on about 18 pounds. I have been working out regularly but did nothing in the gym to indicate an injury. One night, mid March, my rear deltoid feels a burning sensation and then within 24 hours my bicep has lost 80% strength and half in thickness and tone and I can't lift my arm over 15 degrees from side front or side. Had xray and corizone and waiting for injection to not work so I can get an MRI scripted. Anyone think is is repairable? My bicep is really freaking me out. Shoulder and bicep have lost size fast. Man...I was on a roll getting back into shape too. So frustrated and pissed at myself.

2ez good luck with your injury and recovery bro.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Good luck tomorrow @2ez .

@prime oh man, better get that checked out. Yikes. Only doc can know if repairable.

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
MRI....now waiting to hear from Ortho MD. All is well, just weakness, discomfort. And not sure what I can or should not be doing when working out. Thanks for all the replies!
Screenshot_20220417-193109_Gallery.jpg

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Cool, wonder if he wants to repair that labrum. Keep us posted. The shoulder is no joke man. Take care.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic