Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Rotator Cuff - Full Thickness Tear

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
Add me to the list of those with Rotator Cuff tear. Any suggestions, comments appreciated. Ortho MD stated that after Sx, 6wks in a sling, followed by an additional 6 wks with no lifting my arm above my head. the tear is 2.5cm apart. Hurts like hell at night. Happened the end of February, and tonight is the first night i took Narc for the pain.

I see some believe Neurontin, Celebrex/Meloxican, Tylenol helps

Waiting for the surgery date. Workers Comp.

Again, all suggestions and comments appreciated. Going from a Nurse to a Patient. I am a straight Biatch, when it comes to pain.

Love you Guyz.

Thanks

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Good news is that this will be covered by Workers Comp. Hope that part goes smoothly for you; employers can be a bitch about debating not the Dx, but that it is work-related. Are you still working with COVID patients or have you been elsewhere in the hospital more recently?
I'm thinking "proning" would more likely cause a back injury than a shoulder, but I guess bedside Nurses do all kinds of lifting on the job.

Keep us posted my friend ... many non-work related shoulder problems here at the Den of iniquity that might profit from your experiences :)

Reactions: 2ez
S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Ive been taking curcumin for a while now and it is one of the best supps Ive ever used. Excellent for keeping the swelling down and joint pain. I would def recommend it. Those healing peptides pt141(?) and cj500(?) plus growth will really help heal up. The most important is LET IT HEAL before you start any heavy/hard training. I would avoid all overhead movements with weight. Over head presses with like 5 lbs is good to make sure your shoulder doesn't lock up for good but only after the 6 mo. is up. I know light side raises with like 15lb for sets of 20 pulled lots of blood into the area and seemed to go along way with getting my shoulder back up and running.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I had BOTH shoulders and more done in just over a year, mine were super fucked he sajd the right one was bad for years and years (pics of repair on here)
Searay is right it is a LONG ASSED recovery beyond belief, you have to live in the no movement sling, nothing worked for the pain so I took nothing, you are so fucked I hate to say bro.
Take the time to heal and eat up all the PT you can get the little circular movements while bent forward after surgery seem like bullshit but make a HUGE difference later on.
No matter what don't do anything until released I was in the sling for months and months mostly to keep me from fucking myself up, it is a GREAT reminder to have on.
Good luck and cheers man.

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
Good luck man... Ive had both my shoulders repaired... it’s gonna hurt, I like edibles before bed to help me sleep, after surgery and kept me from taking pain meds.. That’s just me... Take your time and heal..

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
Thanks for the replies fellaz. Like mentioned......i am told repeatedly, it will take time to recover/heal.

I am on Modified duty, so I have been off the covid floors. on regular medical/surgical floors. I had to give in to taking Narcotics. The Tylenol and Ibuprofen combo was not working. I then added a Lidocaine patch to the area and this did nothing.

Acupuncture seems to make it tolerable but does not last. $100 per session done weekly.

what about the sex life ? shoulder is on my dominant side......I am freaking limited.

so uh..... Sex Couches & Sex Sofas | Liberator

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
We used an office chair an she rode me in both directions as well as her standing bent in front of me doing half squats..lol
Good old doggy works and I was fortunately strong enough to one handed hold up for some duration when she would let me as she was sure I was going to break myself worse.
Haha when you get horny enough you will get creative;)

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
We used an office chair an she rode me in both directions as well as her standing bent in front of me doing half squats..lol
Good old doggy works and I was fortunately strong enough to one handed hold up for some duration when she would let me as she was sure I was going to break myself worse.
Haha when you get horny enough you will get creative;)

A picture's worth 1000 words, or more in some cases, but this post tells us a lot anyway LG ... thanks for sharing :cool:

Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
When it comes to being resilient and bouncing back from any of life’s hardships, @Littleguy is in a league of his own. So much respect LG, and no matter what, you’ve always keep a positive mindset!

2ez, you’ll get through this. Start a log and keep us all posted throughout your recovery process. Even once a week posts would do you good. Community support has always been strong here. Keep up positive thoughts and mindset.

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
LG is a nutcase...LOLOLOL

anyone use the shoulder immobilizers before surgery ?

Amazon.com: NatraCure Hot/Cold & Compression Shoulder Support 6032 - (Left/Right Shoulder Brace) - (For Shoulder Sprains, Strains and Post Rotator Cuff Surgery): Health & Personal Care

any thoughts on adding GH or any gear to assist before and after or to hold off on ? on a low test dose now.

lastly, what did your workouts look like before and immediately after ?

I guess you can see I am hyper focused on all this. never really been down like this before.

Comments and suggestions appreciated.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Don't know enough to suggest 2ez, but my comment will be to thank you in advance for sharing what you learn for the rest of us who may eventually go down the same path you are.

How's the "modified duty" and the employer's attitude toward Workman's Comp going so far?

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Add me to the list of those with Rotator Cuff tear. Any suggestions, comments appreciated. Ortho MD stated that after Sx, 6wks in a sling, followed by an additional 6 wks with no lifting my arm above my head. the tear is 2.5cm apart. Hurts like hell at night. Happened the end of February, and tonight is the first night i took Narc for the pain.

I see some believe Neurontin, Celebrex/Meloxican, Tylenol helps

Waiting for the surgery date. Workers Comp.

Again, all suggestions and comments appreciated. Going from a Nurse to a Patient. I am a straight Biatch, when it comes to pain.

Love you Guyz.

Thanks

Ask your surgeon to do the platelet-rich plasma therapy during surgery. They just draw some blood and spin out all of the serum growth factors and re-inject them. Speeds up recovery. Also , deca durabolin is very good for tissue and ligament recovery as is IGF-1 Lr3. GH will also help prevent muscle atrophy post-surgery.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic