Members
Latest Member
Samson0692
What's New?

Rotator Cuff - Full Thickness Tear

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
Little less than one month to go. I return to work on Nov 1st (6 months total). PT at least 2x per week now. strength is SLOWLY but surely coming back.

Thanks Dirk and everyone for the replies and well wishes.

Pooh6369

Pooh6369

Oct 13, 2019
Dealing with this money tore bicep at shoulder also torn rotator cup. Work comp injury. Had surgery on the 21st looking at 5-6 weeks in the sling.

bigrobbie

bigrobbie

TID OG Member
Sep 19, 2010
Dealing with this money tore bicep at shoulder also torn rotator cup. Work comp injury. Had surgery on the 21st looking at 5-6 weeks in the sling.
Very sorry to hear that. Best of luck with your recovery.

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
Update.....I may never bench press more than 100lbs again. any pushing exercise hurts like Heck. Will use machines more.

and I am not able to keep my arm raised....ie, changing a light bulb needs to be quick or I will need to change arms.

I spoke with a friend that works as a PT...she said for all her Patients.....the shoulders were never the same.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Update.....I may never bench press more than 100lbs again. any pushing exercise hurts like Heck. Will use machines more.

and I am not able to keep my arm raised....ie, changing a light bulb needs to be quick or I will need to change arms.

I spoke with a friend that works as a PT...she said for all her Patients.....the shoulders were never the same.
It's not as terrible as it sounds man, I haven't been able to bench over 100lbs in a few years. You know what it feels like when you tear your muscles down with heavy weight, just get them feeling the same way with the lighter weight.

You will learn to be innovative.

It will take a little trial and error but it won't stop you if you are still trying to grow as opposed to maintaining your muscle. Over theses few years I've switched my whole routine over and wish I would have never messed with heavy shit.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
. . . Over theses few years I've switched my whole routine over and wish I would have never messed with heavy shit.
There's a whole separate thread just waiting to be launched that might attract a lot of discussion on a board like this ......

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013

oh man, i remember this quite well. It was exhausting holding up arm and hurt. But eventually with use and exercise, it went away.
It is true, with my RC repair surgery, shoulder is not the same, but you learn to adapt to the new norm. Warm ups are a part of my routine BEFORE EVERY workout.

I want to keep lifting and keep moving, so i have adapted to everything LOL.

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
It's not as terrible as it sounds man, I haven't been able to bench over 100lbs in a few years. You know what it feels like when you tear your muscles down with heavy weight, just get them feeling the same way with the lighter weight.

You will learn to be innovative.

It will take a little trial and error but it won't stop you if you are still trying to grow as opposed to maintaining your muscle. Over theses few years I've switched my whole routine over and wish I would have never messed with heavy shit.
Yes....that post did sound a little doom and gloom, but I thought I would be able to do more.

Let's get personal

Lady friend asked that I carry her into the room....freaking struggled like never before carrying her....almost dropped her. I don't believe she is more than 120lbs.

so what will happen if I encounter a woman that is voluptuous.

Reactions: HDH

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
Thanks for the replies fellaz.

and yea......we need a post on workouts after Shoulder surgery. I was told, my shoulder will be good....but not like before. i expected more.

even with the 100lbs press....I am doing clips of 5-8, i get a sharp pain anterior shoulder.....as if someone is driving a nail in my shoulder.....so i rest for days....try again.. pushups are 5 at a time. it's been 8 months now. they say it will take up to 1yr to fully heal. let's see what happens.

pre-surgery.....210lbs for 20, with no problem.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
There's a whole separate thread just waiting to be launched that might attract a lot of discussion on a board like this ......
Ya, we got a new fogey's section now. It would be a good place for these types of discussions :)

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
oh man, i remember this quite well. It was exhausting holding up arm and hurt. But eventually with use and exercise, it went away.
It is true, with my RC repair surgery, shoulder is not the same, but you learn to adapt to the new norm. Warm ups are a part of my routine BEFORE EVERY workout.

I want to keep lifting and keep moving, so i have adapted to everything LOL.
Ya you definitely have to adapt. Even with surgery, things have to change or the same shit will happen.

I use machines and generally don't go over 20 or 30lbs to warm up on bench. On shoulders some days I don't use weight and just go through the motions. Mainly 10 or 20lbs though.

One of the best shoulder warmups I have done for presses is shrugs. It allows the area to heat up without moving any parts. I don't think I've hit presses without shrugs in a couple years.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Yes....that post did sound a little doom and gloom, but I thought I would be able to do more.

Let's get personal

Lady friend asked that I carry her into the room....freaking struggled like never before carrying her....almost dropped her. I don't believe she is more than 120lbs.

so what will happen if I encounter a woman that is voluptuous.
As long as you don't have to bench or press her you should be fine, at least carrying weight doesn't effect me :)

If all else fails, have her carry you :p

• Haha
Reactions: 2ez
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic