Latest Member
Samson0692
What's New?

Rotator Cuff - Full Thickness Tear

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Wishing you the best, bro but 6 months is the real number in this shitty game.
Still weak and getting stronger little by little but SLOW going.
Cheers

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
More true words have not been spoken. Going on Week 4, with approx 12wks more to go. Still icing...Tylenol as needed but no more Oxycodone. \

Thanks for the reply my friend. I have gone to the gym to use the Stationary Bike and work on the legs. I am wondering if i should workout with my Left arm...nothing strenuous/heavy...and then play catch up with my Right operative side when allowed.

Just a thought.

Yea i looked into the research that was done when one side of your body cannot perform and yet you work the side that works. There were studies done on that actually. You do you man and do what you can. I was going in and doin legs in my sling. If it would make you feel better, go ahead and workout on the nonaffected side. Like you said, nothing crazy, just to move some iron around.
4 weeks? ok so you are doing PT prolly. ASk your doc about a CPM machine. at least it is something you can do at home.

Reactions: 2ez

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
Wishing you the best, bro but 6 months is the real number in this shitty game.
Still weak and getting stronger little by little but SLOW going.
Cheers

Thanks my Brother. and yea...the MD did say 6 months, if i can afford it.....but more towards 6 to 9 months to heal properly. it will be 1yr before I can lift heavy is what he is comfortable with, again, just to make sure all heals well. everything looks good thus far.....no swelling, pain nor signs of infection. the healing just takes time.

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
Yea i looked into the research that was done when one side of your body cannot perform and yet you work the side that works. There were studies done on that actually. You do you man and do what you can. I was going in and doin legs in my sling. If it would make you feel better, go ahead and workout on the nonaffected side. Like you said, nothing crazy, just to move some iron around.
4 weeks? ok so you are doing PT prolly. ASk your doc about a CPM machine. at least it is something you can do at home.

PT 3x per week....passive range of motion now. so the PT therapist removes the arm sling, I rest my arm in their hands and they move...I do not move it...they move. I am sure you understand, just making it clear for others that may not.

Lastly, I was wondering about light squatting....using a Manta Ray device to help steady the bar. Again, nothing heavy, because i may not be able to stablize, but doing something to keep the body moving. Initial injury was the first week of March.......so 3 months of doing nothing but stationary bike and some light leg work.

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
Corrections with using the Manta Ray...Not able to edit the above.

Using the Manta Ray with the Power Rack....not free standing. 1 to 2 plates each side for higher reps.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
No upper body for whayever side was healing at the time, I did do light movements with the non injured side but CRANKED on my legs as much as possible to keep my sanity:p well kind of ha!
I lost a lot of muscle mass IMO but wifey says it is coming back quickly.
GH supplementation and being super careful with my diet kept me from focking up too badly I also did as much riding on my trainer as possible while watching documnetaries and such.................I am such a nerd.
Covid did not help as we were locked down for some time.
My best unsolicited advice is to keep your mind BUSY and use this time to educate and or better yourself in some arena even if it is 30-60 minutes per day and to do as much as you can do SAFELY physically which for me was very little but still.
(pics are here somewhere right shoulder has more cables than the Brooklyn bridgeo_O)
Even hiking was too jostling and would focker me up for the first 3-4 months.
Learn to love your sling I named mine Wilson from the Tom Hanks film, he was everywhere with me even having sex :)
Without my chica helping I would have been waaaay worse off I hope you have a helper as without is not fathomable to me.
Cheers

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
Month 4 completed. MD appt today. Will likely not return to work until after 6 months because of the nature of my work.

ROM is good....strength.....there is none. but strength training started 2wks ago. up to 20lbs with barbell curls as of today.

I am able to bike now.....initially the up and down the curb or riding on bumpy NY streets was uncomfortable. there is a bike path around Manhattan. 30miles total. the goal is to complete this before it gets to cold to ride. for now...i start at George Washington Bridge, ride down to the Statue of Liberty...and then back uptown. a touch more than 20 miles round trip.

and oh.,.....i ride at midnight

Attachments

• Bike .jpg
    Bike .jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
Thanks LittleGuy.....the suggestion on keeping the mind occupied . Early AM and night rides

Attachments

• Bike 2.jpg
    Bike 2.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 137
  • Bike 3.jpg
    Bike 3.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 119
  • bike 4.jpg
    bike 4.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 128
Rider

Rider

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 27, 2010
Glad to hear your improving and things are getting better. Okay it’s slow but little by little it’s adding up, and it’s going in the right direction.

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
Glad to hear your improving and things are getting better. Okay it’s slow but little by little it’s adding up, and it’s going in the right direction.

Yes, sir and thank you for the reply. :)

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
@2ez sounds like things are progressing in the right direction and that is what is important now. Speed is not an element in this game unfortunately.

Be well and be safe riding at that time of night in that big city lol.

D

Dirk Diggler

VIP Member
May 22, 2013
Slow and steady wins the race here. I tore both rotator cuffs (Right and Left) My left completely tore on the top two tendons. Thankfully, I did not need a cadaver tendon. After 6 months, felt like new, but one thing I will tell ya is to continue to do the band work for the PT portion. That will help you have a successful shoulder surgery. I've seen a few guys who neglected to continue self PT and they were back under the knife a few years later. Do your PT and don't rush ;) Hope ya heal well!!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic