Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Roberto Alomar

MadMick

MadMick

May 12, 2011
So Roberto Alomar was inducted into the Hall Of Fame today. Pete Rose isn't there, neither is Mark McGwire. So I guess MLB is OK with a ball player spitting into the face of Umpire John Hirschbeck ... on national television.

R

Rafolo

Jul 24, 2011
First of all spitting on somebodys face doesn't define your career and its not a crime like betting against your team or fixing games! Plus the Alomar family donated a big amount of money for investigation of the strange condition of the umpire's,second Mark McGwire is an average player and without steroids would be a nobody! And last but not least,like it or not,Alomar is THE BEST SECOND BASEMAN OF THE HISTORY of the baseball!!!!

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
How about an introduction?Welcome to the board but if you signed up just to fight your time here will be shortlived.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
goes to show the hypocrisy in baseball. McGwire deserves to be there and so does Rose, and IMHO both of them should have been there before Alomar. i dont care what they did to get shunned the way they have, it doesnt take away from what they did on the field. I'm with you MM, the shits getting a little ridiculous

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
Alomar is a shoe in!

Mark is a pussy for crying like a bitch all the time and I mean this literally!

Pete Rose is a Hall Of Famer in my book for what he did as a player and the man paid dearly for what he did as a manager.

I'm a life long Giants fan and the only guy that cheated and admitted it on his TV Show was Barry Bonds, if you ever watch Bonds on Bonds he blatantly talks about how his dad would go into the club house watch the pitchers on TV and cell phone Bonds wife who always no matter where sat just about in the same seats would signal Bonds and that's that.

I remember before he talked about it watching him step out of the box all the time and look at his wife and Kruk and Kuip would always talk about his wife not even liking baseball but was always at every game to support Bonds.

An example was his dad figured out if you let Maddox get you into a 3 and 2 count that next pitch would always be his best the change up.

I lost all respect for Bonds after hearing that and guess what after his dad died his average went from like .350 to .279.

Just thought I'd share this and I still wonder why NOBODY talks about this.

I have seen his wife on a phone looking at him and do a gesture and even Kruk and Kiup had mentioned in during games at times because EVERYONE could see it.

Last edited:
PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
First of all spitting on somebodys face doesn't define your career and its not a crime like betting against your team or fixing games! Plus the Alomar family donated a big amount of money for investigation of the strange condition of the umpire's,second Mark McGwire is an average player and without steroids would be a nobody! And last but not least,like it or not,Alomar is THE BEST SECOND BASEMAN OF THE HISTORY of the baseball!!!!

I doubt this guy is coming back but I'd just add that McGuire made it to MLB without steroids... That's more than you can say for 99% of high school ball players. And spitting in someone's face defines who you are as a person. That kind of behavior is disgusting. And the statement about Alomar being the best second basemen of (sic) the history of baseball is merely your opinion. Calm down guy...

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Joe Morgan? Roberto Alomar? Y'all are telling me that those guys were better 2nd basemen than Rogers Hornsby? Not even close, in my (and most of baseball historians') opinions.

McGwire could have made the hall without steroids, but he broke the rules in a way that inflated his stats, so he'll pay for that for an undetermined amount of time. The guy hit 49 dingers in his first full year for pete's sake (pun intended) so he is HOF material, but like I said, he cheated.

Pete Rose will eventually make the hall, but like McGwire, he's paying for cheating. I like Pete Rose because he played at 110% all the time, but even he has said that e understands why he isn't in yet.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
The reason I think McGuire wouldn't have made the hall is that we was so injury prone. Without the steroids he would have never stayed healthy enough to hit close to 600 HRs. Bonds on the other hand stayed pretty healthy and could've hit 600 naturally. IMO though, Griffey was the best power hitter of that whole era and could've topped Aaron naturally if he'd stayed healthy.

MadMick

MadMick

May 12, 2011
I doubt this guy is coming back but I'd just add that McGuire made it to MLB without steroids... That's more than you can say for 99% of high school ball players. And spitting in someone's face defines who you are as a person. That kind of behavior is disgusting. And the statement about Alomar being the best second basemen of (sic) the history of baseball is merely your opinion. Calm down guy...

Agreed. I was watching that game and it disgusted me.

MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

National Champion & VIP Member
Jul 8, 2011
So Roberto Alomar was inducted into the Hall Of Fame today. Pete Rose isn't there, neither is Mark McGwire. So I guess MLB is OK with a ball player spitting into the face of Umpire John Hirschbeck ... on national television.

I would never get into a debate about baseball, because I don't really know that much about it, but I remember the spitting incident. IMHO this is a character issue, and I have never forgotten it. I don't respect Alomar as a man, but I will admit he had some skills as a player.

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
What about him stealing a jersey during the parade lol

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic