Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Rivalus Promasil

enhancedceo

enhancedceo

Sep 7, 2015
Grading Scale: 1-10 (Low-High)
Letter Grade: A (100-90), B (89-80), C (79-70), D (69-60), F (59-0)
Mixture: 9/10
Flavor: 9/10
Blend: 9/10
Price: 8/10 (price varies based on tub size: 1lb, 2lb, or 5lb)
Total Score: 35/40 = 88%
Grade: B

First off, though I have a picture of the Promasil protein I reviewed, which shows the old labeling you see here, their new look is awesome. I’m not sure if it is because I am a Cincinnati Bengals fan or not but I am digging the sleek, new black and orange look they came out with. Now, looks aside, this is my personal go-to protein (currently). The bargain alone (especially on the 5lb tub) makes this a budget friendly choice, especially, if you are like me and only use it when necessary to hit your numbers. Flavor wise, whether you choose Milk Chocolate, Soft Serve Vanilla (the one I am currently using), Strawberry, Cookies and Cream, or Chocolate Peanut Butter, you will find it to be awesome. When mixed with milk, it has a great, creamy, rich flavor. The protein itself mixes well in either milk or water, and has very little clumping, grittiness, or residue, which you will find with some other products. The price, flavor, and mixability makes this a great product by itself, but what does the actual blend and science say about this product? Let’s get into a little bit and see what we have.

•Whey Protein Isolate
•Whey Protein Concentrate
•Whey Protein Hydrolysate
•Milk Protein Isolate
•Micellar Cassein
•Egg Protein
•Goat Milk Protein
•Natural and Artificial Flavors
•Lecithin
•Sucralose
•Acesulfame
•Potassium
•Beta Alanine
•Stevia

It’s important to notice the amount of good, quality proteins in this particular product and the lack of “fillers,” or extra, non-important ingredients which are found in many (most) protein powders. I’ll break down the general proteins now, very simply:

(Whey) Protein Isolate: contain highest percentage of pure protein and, in some cases, can be so pure they are, basically, lactose (primary sugars found in dairy products), carbohydrate, fat, and cholesterol free.
(Whey) Protein Concentrate: cheapest and most common form. Low levels of fats and cholesterol, but have higher levels of bioactive compounds and carbohydrates (usually in the form of lactose).
(Whey) Protein Hydrolysate: consumption allows for more rapid absorption of amino acids than other protein forms.
Milk Protein Isolate: used to increase the nutritional profile of foods and has very little fat, few carbs, and almost no lactose.
Micellar Casein: a slowly released/digested protein which gives sustained nutrients, in the form of amino acids, over a longer period of time.
Egg Protein: exactly what it sounds like, the protein from eggs minus any “extras.”
Goat Milk Protein: protein from goat’s milk.
Lecithin: food additive known to be a source of Choline which is an essential nutrient. Choline is essential for various cell functions.
Sucralose: a non-nutritive (it has no nutrient value) sweetener. Manufactured from sucrose (common in plants).
Acesulfame: calorie-free sugar substitute.
Potassium: a mineral crucial to life. One of the main minerals that most commonly are known as electrolytes.
Beta Alanine: non-essential amino acid.
Stevia: plant-based sugar substitute which contains zero calories.

As you can see from the above ingredients, they are using some very straight forward ingredients and have a very straight forward formulation. This formula leads to having a very clean ingredient profile and ensures that you, the user, are getting a great blend of quality proteins and amino acids while avoiding the extra calories, fats, and carbs that plague so many other protein products. It is important to note they use, both fast digesting, fast absorbing proteins (whey), and slow digesting, slow absorbing proteins (casein). This gives you a well-rounded effect with your protein supplementation and this, coupled with the fact that they use various sources, allows for a complete protein supplement where each ingredient compliments the other in some way. I would recommend Rivalus Promasil to anyone looking for an affordable, scientifically sound protein supplement. What I like most about this product is how simple their product is. They don’t throw in a ton of additives or ingredients that really don’t belong in a protein supplement. Far too often in this industry, the ones that get the most notice and acclaim are often the ones that have the most fillers, additives, pointless ingredients, and the least amount of science. I can’t speak to other Rivalus products but, as far as their protein is concerned, Promasil is a quality choice.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Is the goat milk from virgin goats? If not it could be a deal killer.....

enhancedceo

enhancedceo

Sep 7, 2015

Hahaha. I cannot speak to the virginity of said goats. That's probably a question for the makers. However, I can say that each goat has it's on vassal to tend to it's every whim.

Last edited:
enhancedceo

enhancedceo

Sep 7, 2015

Hahaha. I cannot speak to the virginity of said goats. That's probably a question for the makers. However, I can say that each goat has it's on vassal to tend to it's every whim.

Though, now that I think about it, I would think that a virgin goat wouldn't produce milk since, most creatures I can think of in nature, have to procreate before they produce milk. I don't know though; I'm not a goat expert.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Sounds like a bisexual goat....Can u confirm RAIDEN ?

J

jack3d14

May 3, 2016
Great review. I tried their powder burn preworkout. It's nothing crazy. Probably similar to No xplode.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic