Latest Member
Vegasguy
What's New?

RIP Marvin Hagler

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
Strange now the MSM including UK media is now saying this is the work of anti-vaxxers and conspiracy theorsits, who are just trying to discredit Haggler. They refeer to Hearns as a FOE.....WTF??? Hearns was a friend of the family and he is the one who reported this, nor some wild conspiracy. Haggler's own wife even said he died unexpectedly. So what happened then? Why did he die unexpectedly? People at 66 years old don't just die. So far, the only explaination has come from Hearns which was posted before Haggler died.

I remember watching Haggler fight back in the 80's on the USA Network. Very talented boxer and a legend.

I’m in similar situation. I have adverse reactions to vaccinations in the past and not even remotely considering this one. Especially not when everything is orchestrated and every public person is singing the same tune. They assume the masses won’t ask questions I guess and try to drive everyone into the same cattle car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
Hagler vs Hearns round 1 is still one of the greates rounds in boxing history. Unbelievable.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Does anyone know if COVID will interact with a person who has had "chicken pox"...I had it when I was 22...Haven't had any "signs" of it since then?...

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Wow ! He was young. I recall when he fought Sugar Ray Leonard in ‘88.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I went to school with a guy that had a decent boxing career before he was killed. He was Sugar Ray's sparring partner when training for Hagler.

I'm surprised I'm just seeing this, that it wasn't more newsworthy.

NavyChief

NavyChief

VIP Member
Sep 26, 2013
Thanks to misinformation spread by anti-vaxxers and a former rival, the grieving widow of boxing legend "Marvelous" Marvin Hagler felt the need to clarify that her husband's unexpected death was not caused by a COVID-19 vaccination.

Kay Hagler, the boxer's wife of more than 20 years, released a statement Monday through the same Facebook fan group in which she announced her husband's death. After thanking fans for their love and supportive messages, Hagler denied speculation that the death was caused by COVID-19 vaccine complications, calling such comments "stupid" and "nonsense."

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
He was old school. To be fair, the decision loss to SRL was probably correct insofar as "the sweet science" and its rules had evolved. SRL was the earlier prototype of the more recent Floyd Mayweather, blessed with incredible talent together with work ethic and an instinct for putting it all together to his advantage.

Hagler was from the old way of doing things, where "prizefighter" highlighted the word "fighter." He was out-played by SRL, but he was not beaten in that final fight. He was bitter about the loss, never fought again, and incongruously reinvented himself with a 2nd career doing what used to be called "spaghetti westerns" over in Italy.

Casual boxing fans who also watch youtube can see the frustrating video of SRL vs. Hagler if they can stand it, but for those who want a glimpse of the real Hagler demonstrating one Will wearing down and destroying another very worthy man's Will, see Hagler's fights with Thomas Hearns and John "the Beast" Mugabi.
Decision was probably based on number of strikes. SRL tapped Hagler many more times but I bet Hagler had more power strikes.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Does anyone know if COVID will interact with a person who has had "chicken pox"...I had it when I was 22...Haven't had any "signs" of it since then?...
You can get shingles from having chicken pox and that sucks. Get the shingles vaccine.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
You can get shingles from having chicken pox and that sucks. Get the shingles vaccine.

Yep...I'm looking into that now...I was curious if COVID could cause me to have an outbreak of shingles?...It's been almost 30yrs since the "chicken pox" episode and haven't had any problems, yet...Again, just curious if COVID could antagonize the situation...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic