Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

RIP Marvin Hagler

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
Wow ! He was young. I recall when he fought Sugar Ray Leonard in ‘88.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Great fighter! Odd how he just disappeared after retirement. I wonder what he was up to.

NavyChief

NavyChief

VIP Member
Sep 26, 2013
RIP Marvelous, truly one of boxing greatest ever.

A friend of mine that was a pro boxer from 84-94 talks about meeting Marvin back in the mid 80s.

What a privilege that must have been.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Great fighter! Odd how he just disappeared after retirement. I wonder what he was up to.

He was old school. To be fair, the decision loss to SRL was probably correct insofar as "the sweet science" and its rules had evolved. SRL was the earlier prototype of the more recent Floyd Mayweather, blessed with incredible talent together with work ethic and an instinct for putting it all together to his advantage.

Hagler was from the old way of doing things, where "prizefighter" highlighted the word "fighter." He was out-played by SRL, but he was not beaten in that final fight. He was bitter about the loss, never fought again, and incongruously reinvented himself with a 2nd career doing what used to be called "spaghetti westerns" over in Italy.

Casual boxing fans who also watch youtube can see the frustrating video of SRL vs. Hagler if they can stand it, but for those who want a glimpse of the real Hagler demonstrating one Will wearing down and destroying another very worthy man's Will, see Hagler's fights with Thomas Hearns and John "the Beast" Mugabi.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Opppppssss......I just found this posting from Thomas "Hit Man" Hearns. It was posted before Haggler died and was in ICU.

A real true warrior Pray for the king and his family.. he’s in ICU fighting the after effects of the vaccine! He’ll be just fine but we could use the positive energy and Prayer for his Full Recovery!”

hit-man-hearns[1].jpg

RIP!

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
Did he pass away from side-effects of the Covid Vaxx?

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Those were some good days for boxing. No time is a good time to go but 66 seems young. The man was one great fighter.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Did he pass away from side-effects of the Covid Vaxx?

Strange now the MSM including UK media is now saying this is the work of anti-vaxxers and conspiracy theorsits, who are just trying to discredit Haggler. They refeer to Hearns as a FOE.....WTF??? Hearns was a friend of the family and he is the one who reported this, nor some wild conspiracy. Haggler's own wife even said he died unexpectedly. So what happened then? Why did he die unexpectedly? People at 66 years old don't just die. So far, the only explaination has come from Hearns which was posted before Haggler died.

I remember watching Haggler fight back in the 80's on the USA Network. Very talented boxer and a legend.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic