Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Reverse grip bench

POR2GUE

POR2GUE

Oct 24, 2010
The movement physiologically is more of a tricep focused exercise, I use it occasionally on tri workouts and so does everyone else I know. I've nvr known anyone that called it a chest exercise even though of course it indirectly hits chest.

Last edited:
oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
personally, iv'e tried the move a few times but just couldn't get the groove.I don't like it.

C

Cheops

VIP Member
Oct 15, 2010
In A chest training vid ,the guy states that Reverse grip bench is more effective than incline bench for upper pec development. im not sayin this guy is wrong or right,your views guys? Ive never tried Reverse grip bench myself.

We have always used this as a tricep exercise.

The Pecs will get some work, but the majority of the stress is placed on the triceps.

S

strongishsteve

Apr 29, 2013
I get no pain but I don't grab the bar in a full reverse grip, more so my index finder is pointing along the bar, if that makes sense. I get no wrist pain from it that way. I also do it close grip with a full grip for tri's.

Physiologically I see no reason why the chest can't be recruited, the movement of the humerous relative to the body is what effects pec recruitment, and the movement is equal to if not greater than flat bench.

Happy if anyone knows a reason against what I said though, also happy I finally remember my password after like 6 months :)

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
I like reverse grip smith for tri's.

H

heavy hitter

Oct 7, 2013
when done with dumbells, i like to supinate the bells towards the top and do them on an incline. feels really good. If you want a killer upper pec excercise though, try incline banded smith machine presses, the contraction at the top is ridiculous

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic