Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Reverse grip bench

guss

guss

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2010
In A chest training vid ,the guy states that Reverse grip bench is more effective than incline bench for upper pec development. im not sayin this guy is wrong or right,your views guys? Ive never tried Reverse grip bench myself.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
it is awkward and makes my wrists hurt but it does feel like it is hitting the upper pecs more. i think it is like many things, something to keep around and do every now and again when you want a change in your norma routine.

Hanniballickedher

Hanniballickedher

MuscleHead
Dec 12, 2010
In A chest training vid ,the guy states that Reverse grip bench is more effective than incline bench for upper pec development. im not sayin this guy is wrong or right,your views guys? Ive never tried Reverse grip bench myself.

He is 100% correct I used to do them until it got to where i cant flatten out my hands, try it you will see and I suggest starting with just a 45 on each side. It will work the shit out of your pecs.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I have never tried them but may. Just finished my chest wo so it won't be this week.

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
I tried it one time, its retarded and dangerous.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
It hit more tri's and anterior delts for me....did not feel good on my wrists tho.

Hanniballickedher

Hanniballickedher

MuscleHead
Dec 12, 2010
I tried it one time, its retarded and dangerous.

It not retarded and dangerous, you probably did it without a spotter and any free weights are dangerous without a spotter. It does work.

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
I tried it and couldnt do any real weight cause your wrists are so tweaked

Hanniballickedher

Hanniballickedher

MuscleHead
Dec 12, 2010
I tried it and couldnt do any real weight cause your wrists are so tweaked

Well you don't need heavy weight doing it, the most I did was 185 and it was way to much, stick around 135 and do good complete reps and you WILL notice a difference.

Dex

Dex

VIP Member
Mar 30, 2011
Well you don't need heavy weight doing it, the most I did was 185 and it was way to much, stick around 135 and do good complete reps and you WILL notice a difference.

How far did you let your elbows down?

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
It not retarded and dangerous, you probably did it without a spotter and any free weights are dangerous without a spotter. It does work.

I actually did it with perfect form with a spotter, 225 for 15 times. I just find it stupid, dont like the way it feels.

Hanniballickedher

Hanniballickedher

MuscleHead
Dec 12, 2010
I actually did it with perfect form with a spotter, 225 for 15 times. I just find it stupid, dont like the way it feels.

First off KBD, 225 is WAY to much to be doing reverse bench with, no wonder you don't like the way it feels, also it is a matter of opinion, I could say squats were retarded which in a way i think they are, wait till you get older and your back is fucked up from doing heavy squats. MuscleEgg, my elbows came down to where the bar was about 4-6 inches off my chest.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic