Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Removing fat questions.

iron-whisperer

iron-whisperer

Jan 3, 2013
I guarantee that you will feel worst with that mini fast then what your doing now.

Is that your current diet? Imo, that's a lot of sugar/fruit. I would work on eliminating as much as that as possible and replacing it with heart healthy fats instead. This should help with energy and help you with leaning out.

I read an article that said your body processes sugar from fruit differently. In the study they found it didnt spike insulin levels like processed sugar. So, I was under the impression it would be a good snack even while trying to stay lean and gain

T

TODAY

VIP Member
Apr 16, 2012
I read an article that said your body processes sugar from fruit differently. In the study they found it didnt spike insulin levels like processed sugar. So, I was under the impression it would be a good snack even while trying to stay lean and gain

The article was probably referring to the fact that the body uses Fructose preferentially to replenish liver glycogen, as opposed to muscle glycogen. While the insulin response generate by fructose intake IS markedly different, it is not necessarily better. Also of note is the fibrous content of fruit, which slows gastric emptying, thereby decreasing the glycemic load of the fructose.

In any case, you would probably be better served by cutting down on the fruit and replacing some of it with starches (potatoes, oats, etc.)

Last edited:
sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
The article was probably referring to the fact that the body uses Fructose preferentially to replenish liver glycogen, as opposed to muscle glycogen. While the insulin response generate by fructose intake IS markedly different, it is not necessarily better. Also of note is the fibrous content of fruit, which slows gastric emptying, thereby decreasing the glycemic load of the fructose.

In any case, you would probably be better served by cutting down on the fruit and replacing some of it with starches (potatoes, oats, etc.)

And good point about fructose. The only issue is that fructose only makes up a small percentage in most fruits (not a lot of people know this). If you look up the type of sugars in fruits, you will see that fruits contain mostly glucose.

And another good point about the fibers, however the amt of fiber in different fruits vary quite a bit. I guess really depends on the fruit eaten and how much of it (and of course what other macros your eating it with).

Anyhow its just easier to limit these to pre and post workout if your going to have them while dieting or just limit the ones with lots of sugar.

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic