Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Removing fat questions.

iron-whisperer

iron-whisperer

Jan 3, 2013
Ok people, I need some advice. I have very physical job for 9 - 10 hours a day then I spend at least an hour in the gym, so I eat a lot of carbs for the energy. I have tried cutting back, and I try to eat mainly complex carbs anyways, but when I cut back I turn into a serious asshole and I loose all my energy. By the time I reach the gym on these days I am already exhausted. Also, I have been reading about this 8 hour diet study. For those of you that may not be familiar with this diet, you can consume the calories you might consume throughout a 16 hour day in 8 hours and theoretically loose fat and maintain muscle. But I am not sure how feasible this would be considering my day to day schedule. So, I need some diet advice. Please advise.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
What kind of carbs? Give us a breakdown of the meals and snacks you have on a typical day please.

whowhatwhenwhere

whowhatwhenwhere

Scammer
Dec 15, 2010
Would need to see a day in your diet to give you solid advice. Also how old are you? Because that is important.

its all in what you eat and when...

iron-whisperer

iron-whisperer

Jan 3, 2013
POB
Diet breakdown:
4:30 am maple oatmeal and muscle milk protein shake with one scoop, 8 ounces of milk, one whole
8:00 am Banana
9:15 am 98% fat free turkey, cheese, spinach sandwich on 2 slices of honey wheat bread
11:15 am same type of sandwich and some type of fruit. Banana, apple, or pineapple chunks
1:30 pm. fruit of some type and two servings of canned chicken
2:00 pm pre- workout supplement
4:30-5:00 same protein shake as breakfast
6-7 pm dinner varies between grilled chicken and yellow rice or tilapia and rice

Also throughout the day I drink 64 - 72 ounces of water and usually one diet coke or diet mtn diew.

WWWW, I am 27

whowhatwhenwhere

whowhatwhenwhere

Scammer
Dec 15, 2010
ok and weight? Do you do any cardio?

iron-whisperer

iron-whisperer

Jan 3, 2013
I weigh 177 an i usually do 12 minutes a day on the treadmill on the fat burn setting. Last year i was running 2-3 miles a day, even on lift days and I was losing a lot of muscle so I switched it to this fat burn setting

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
I guarantee that you will feel worst with that mini fast then what your doing now.

Is that your current diet? Imo, that's a lot of sugar/fruit. I would work on eliminating as much as that as possible and replacing it with heart healthy fats instead. This should help with energy and help you with leaning out.

Iron8

Iron8

Dec 10, 2010
Ok people, I need some advice. I have very physical job for 9 - 10 hours a day then I spend at least an hour in the gym, so I eat a lot of carbs for the energy. I have tried cutting back, and I try to eat mainly complex carbs anyways, but when I cut back I turn into a serious asshole and I loose all my energy. By the time I reach the gym on these days I am already exhausted. Also, I have been reading about this 8 hour diet study. For those of you that may not be familiar with this diet, you can consume the calories you might consume throughout a 16 hour day in 8 hours and theoretically loose fat and maintain muscle. But I am not sure how feasible this would be considering my day to day schedule. So, I need some diet advice. Please advise.

It's funny because in the spring-fall I deal with the same thing. Landscaping. I'm usually able to get enough protein in(usually chicken & venison) during those days but carbs come pretty much all at lunch & dinner. The in-between doesn't leave much time for it. By the time I get home i'm usually pretty wiped but I get to the gym regularly none the less. Not always my best sessions but whatever.

The one thing that sucks about drinking lots of water on the job is the bathroom situation....there isn't one. The more you drink the more you have to pee & half the time there is no place to hide. :] it's no fun.
I'm like you though, I really need to sit down & figure my diet out for that time so I don't hinder myself during those months.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I guarantee that you will feel worst with that mini fast then what your doing now.

Is that your current diet? Imo, that's a lot of sugar/fruit. I would work on eliminating as much as that as possible and replacing it with heart healthy fats instead. This should help with energy and help you with leaning out.
I do Intermittent Fasting (Fast 16/ Eat 8) and I feel great.

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
I do Intermittent Fasting (Fast 16/ Eat 8) and I feel great.

I'm not sure what line of work your in, but he said his is physically laboring. Having absolutely no calories during this time and busting hump would have me feeling worse then if I just cut carbs..just sayin'

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I'm not sure what line of work your in, but he said his is physically laboring. Having absolutely no calories during this time and busting hump would have me feeling worse then if I just cut carbs..just sayin'

Yeah I have to say that might make a difference. I don't work a physical job.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic