Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

Remember when?

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Part of the problem is that message boards are old people's social media. As old people, we still train, but we get tired of talking about it after a few years. If you're 50 and you've been lifting for 20-30 years and posting on message boards for 15 years, how long can you keep talking about the best exercise for your biceps?
No!!! But like Einstein used to say, knowing the problem is the biggest part of the solution. Seems that the target audience would be the 40+ who is new or has returned to lifting. The problem is that they're annoying with their best bicep exercise questions so we have to work harder at indulging them. I'm in.

These two quotes are so true ... up to a certain point. But all the old fucks who are 50 (I'm older), and who have been lifting for 20-30, and posting for 15 are starting to notice they cannot and/or should not train, eat, and supplement like they used to.

There is a whole fuckload of information, discussion, and shared experiences to be had from many members on this board ... but only if you still want some bodybuilding threads mixed in with all the political crap.

The very recent Old man strength is bullshit after what age? thread is one example ... surely a bunch of seasoned old men can think of other age-related specifics they can learn from, or teach about, that cannot be found everywhere else on the Internet?

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Those were the days man. I was also young and poor then. I'm still poor but I'm definitely not young.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I agree, but posting keeps a board going. Should I shut this down and just move to a FB group? Those are much cheaper and easier to manage.

NO NO NO...............You don't know what you have til it's gone.
There has to be a way to get more peeps or do they REALLY do the FB thing?
I offered awhile back to help support the board financially if we need to, membership has its priveledges...lol
That should be a slogan somewhere

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
NO NO NO...............You don't know what you have til it's gone.
There has to be a way to get more peeps or do they REALLY do the FB thing?
I offered awhile back to help support the board financially if we need to, membership has its priveledges...lol
I'd be good with donations.

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2011
I haven't seen a good "Are these amps real" thread in quite some time. Back in the day it was a thread a week of arguing about different human grade amps. We had some internet knock-down-drag-out fights over some Norma enanthate amps and the likes back then. One of those 40-page argument threads, fun stuff :cool:

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
NO NO NO...............You don't know what you have til it's gone . . .

Think you already nailed the slogan up there LG ... your perspective is missed here when you get gone sometimes.

"On another note ....... " @trentracks did you ever in your wildest dreams think you'd see LG quoting Joni Mitchell as he tries to help LK right our course?

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Think you already nailed the slogan up there LG ... your perspective is missed here when you get gone sometimes.

"On another note ....... " @trentracks did you ever in your wildest dreams think you'd see LG quoting Joni Mitchell as he tries to help LK right our course?

Actually bro it was the old American Express line I was referring to as well as the ;)Joni Mitchell
I miss you bastards as well but there is no chance if internet or cell phone up there.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic