Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Rejected from Blood Donation Today

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Some Red Cross centers will do therapeutic phlebos, you need a script from your doc and they don't charge you, depends on where you live. If you know a nurse or CNP, you can order through your doc phlebo kits and do them at home. I usually cut off the bag, my CNP friend is good with a 16 g needle and I bleed off into a paint beaker 500 ml, flush it and dispose of the sharps in the trash (container marked as sharps) every 10 - 12 weeks, keeps my Hb under 17.5 and HCT < 52%. 500 ml should cut your Hb about 1 g per bleed. They don't measure iron at RC, they measure Hb. I'd really work on getting it down to 17 g/dl. You should have your iron checked along with ferritin. High iron levels can over time cause real problems with the heart and liver. Androgens in general, esp T and N suppress an acute phase reactant called hepcidin from the liver, it controls iron release in the body and uptake from the gut. That's why they used to treat anemia with androgens. 150 mg of T a week is not much but the resulting erythrocytosis varies from person to person. You are a responder, I have the same issue. High HCT increases viscosity and risk of stroke or DVT, another reason to keep it down.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Some Red Cross centers will do therapeutic phlebos, you need a script from your doc and they don't charge you, depends on where you live. If you know a nurse or CNP, you can order through your doc phlebo kits and do them at home. I usually cut off the bag, my CNP friend is good with a 16 g needle and I bleed off into a paint beaker 500 ml, flush it and dispose of the sharps in the trash (container marked as sharps) every 10 - 12 weeks, keeps my Hb under 17.5 and HCT < 52%. 500 ml should cut your Hb about 1 g per bleed. They don't measure iron at RC, they measure Hb. I'd really work on getting it down to 17 g/dl. You should have your iron checked along with ferritin. High iron levels can over time cause real problems with the heart and liver. Androgens in general, esp T and N suppress an acute phase reactant called hepcidin from the liver, it controls iron release in the body and uptake from the gut. That's why they used to treat anemia with androgens. 150 mg of T a week is not much but the resulting erythrocytosis varies from person to person. You are a responder, I have the same issue. High HCT increases viscosity and risk of stroke or DVT, another reason to keep it down.

WILSON!!! Holy crap bud, where have you been hanging out at? Haven't seen you since the EF/AF/Iron Trybe days! All we need now is for MS and Warlobo to pop up with spats, sassy, and NubianBeauty, lol:cool:

Well, hope to see more of you...you were one of the few I learned from many years back:)

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Glad to see your post MR.BMJ, Wilson's post really caught my eye earlier. "Hope to see more of you" indeed Wilson.

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
I used to get rejected from donating blood all the time. Then I found out the trick:

If I just don’t disclose all the unprotected gay sex stuff, they allow me to donate.

Hope this helps others.
How much fish oil? It can boost iron. I’m always around 17-18 and I take 5g of fish oil per day. Was told by the people at the blood donation center that lots of fish oil will can raise your iron.

would flax seed oil work?

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
and the Careless Quoting Award goes to .......... The Phoenix!

Reactions: Jin
Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
and the Careless Quoting Award goes to .......... The Phoenix!

dafuk did that happen? was responding never2young2die...:(, sorry not looking to plugNplay (PnP) LOL :p

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
I have access to the materials to self-phlebotomize at home if needed... not that hard to do at all. I've done it on myself. I can sell at at a nominal price. DM me if anyone needs.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
53 crit in your 20's...... 53 crit in your 30's...... 53 crit in your 40's is something you want to take a look at. 53 crit in your 50's is not okay.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
WILSON!!! Holy crap bud, where have you been hanging out at? Haven't seen you since the EF/AF/Iron Trybe days! All we need now is for MS and Warlobo to pop up with spats, sassy, and NubianBeauty, lol:cool:

Well, hope to see more of you...you were one of the few I learned from many years back:)
BMJ, same Wilson6 from decades ago. Been looking for a board that has a good mix of men/women's material without the drama, this is a good one. I'll be posting here and there. Had my head into the HRT men/women for the past few years, an area of interest. Some good posts on this board. Hard to find honest experiences of women and PEDs, from their perspective.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic