Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Reduced Range of Motion

S

Shock

VIP Member
Nov 28, 2015
The past few years, I've been pulling muscles more frequently (stuff that heals in a week) from what I feel is being too strict in my reps or using too great of a range of motion. Once I build up to a weight where I'm pushing past my maximums for a certain rep range, it seems like things tweak.

Does anyone use a reduced range of motion to stay away from the very peaks of the eccentric phase when lifting during your heavier sets? On exercises where I can lift unilaterally, I spot my lifting arm with my free hand, and that helps to reduce the strain on the muscle/tendon/ligament until I get into a phase where I'm recruiting a greater deal of fibers.

Maybe it's that I'm getting a bit older. I just wanted to hear your thoughts and experiences on this.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
If you push past a maximum then yeah injury will follow. That's why it's called a maximum.

Getting older doesn't cause more injury per se it just makes recovery more important.

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
I feel like I strain stuff if I don't get enough rest between working out a part... and heavy days take 10 days to fully recover..

When u get older you don't heal as fast, unless your on 3 Iu of gh.. a day, then I can train Heavy, and it takes 4 or 5 days to recover

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic