Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Red Meat Tax?

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Article is gonna lead to a bunch of Meat Tweets like "Dems Coming To Yank Your Meat."

Note near the end of the article the Fitch person acknowledges the USA (and Brazil) are less likely to do this than all those other countries discussed.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Bullshit, fucking liberals ruin everything now they want to control what we eat. Fuck those losers.

"I don't ______ so you shouldn't either. Classic Leftism.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
It's funny. When I was a teen, everyone said that conservatives were a bunch of church ladies trying to force their religion down your throat and tell you what you can and can't do. Today, it's the progressives who are a bunch of church ladies trying to shame you and force you to live according to their religion.

How is it that the liberals have become so illiberal?

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
LMAO. Has anyone actually read the article linked in the OP?

It comes from "Business Insider," which is lifting it from original publication in "Business Insider Australia and then offering us the views of a "research company" called Fitch Solutions. No government agencies in the USA, and no liberals in the USA are quoted. It is a concept, that's all. It might be in practice somewhere, but there are no committee meetings or public announcements here in the USA. According to this same research company, whatever that is, Brazil and the USA are the 2 least likely countries in the world to ever implement the concept of taxing red meat.

Don't get your panties in a wad just yet, and don't run out and shoot a liberal, until you have more to go on than what this article says ... in English.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
They can come get my red meet and my AR-15. I actually couldn't read the article because they wanted me to shut off my add blocker. Not doing it. Brazil, USA and Argentina.....tall about meet eating countries.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Hey Rawdeal, I don't think I was attacking any particular legislation as much as just complaining about how willing some people are to push their personal life choices on to others. When people tell you to cut your hair, don't wear a short skirt, etc. we tell them where to go, but some of those same people who don't want to be told not to smoke weed have no problem trying to ban vaping.

Just a bit of irony, I suppose. There must be something in the human condition that makes us want to tell other people what to do.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY)'s Green New Deal, Progressive legislation and policy (not cited in the above article) pushes to tax meat, either directly or indirectly. They seek to remove your freedom of choice to eat red meat, or make it painful for you to do so. Progressivism and Classical Liberal are at opposite ends of the personal freedom spectrum, that's just a fact.

Heady Muscle

Heady Muscle

VIP Member
Oct 13, 2014
ONE WORLD ORDER!

If world wide humans don't eat meat
they will all become weak
And the overloads can sneak
the power which they hold
Like the parrots beak

There is no Democrates or Republicans. That is a show to keep us at each others throat instead of paying attention to them while they steal or liberties and gain more power.

Just a thought. Carry on watching MSNBC and Fox.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY)'s Green New Deal, Progressive legislation and policy (not cited in the above article) pushes to tax meat, either directly or indirectly. They seek to remove your freedom of choice to eat red meat, or make it painful for you to do so. Progressivism and Classical Liberal are at opposite ends of the personal freedom spectrum, that's just a fact.

That homo Pete Buttigieg, Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren, and Cory Booker also wants to slap a huge tax on red meet.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic