Latest Member
terry0400-40
What's New?

Recovery from pec repair

D

dalton5

VIP Member
Dec 6, 2015
Recently released after pec repair surgery. What's done to regain strength and mobility in shoulder??

T

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Are you done with PT? If so, slow and steady wins the race. Keep up with the stretching and start adding weight to the bar. If you were a wide grip bencher, rethink that and work on keeping your elbows in.

Everyone is different but I was back to my former bench in 2 years. That seems like a long time but give my age , extent of the injury and time away from the weights, it's a damn good comeback. I showed my PL meet to my surgeon and he cringed. I thanked him and went on my way.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Never attempted to peak again after my repair. Went up to 4 plates on flat bench and called it good; that took 2 years. I had a badass PT and she pushed me much harder than I would have pushed myself. She made me put 225 on a bar and press it 12 weeks post op to show me that it wouldn’t tear again....at least not easily, lol.

M

T

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Well my best was 5lb shy of that mark so I'd say you did alright. I was never a great bencher for a guy in the 220's. I just needed something somewhat respectable to go with a decent Sq. & DL.

I heard the same thing from my OP but if you're like me, it's always in the back of your mind.