Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Recovering from a broken ankle

MPMC

MPMC

VIP Member
Jul 22, 2011
As you can all probably guess, I recently broke my ankle. 3 weeks ago to be exact. Broke the fibula and really offset the tibia. Also tore 4 ligaments. Had to have surgery and get a plate inserted. Been a pretty bad experience. I was beginning prep for a show in about 10 weeks but now have to push the date for later in the year if possible. I'm still dealing with some minor swelling and my flexibility is terrible. I'm hoping this will change once all the swelling goes down. I've started trying to do some minor exercises but with the excessive swelling, I can only do so much. Toes cant fully bend and I can't fully point my foot down or upwards. Just looking to get some advice from anyone that has gone through this and hopefully some positive feedback on chances of recovering fully. My calf has already shrunken significantly and Almost feels atrophied. Scary thought but I don't think that's the case as I'm still able to slightly flex it. I think the tendons are just to weak at this point. This is the first bone I've broken so I don't know what to expect as far as recovery. My dr is suggesting I see a PT but I'm confident that I can handle it all on my own. I already have a lot of knowledge on how the body, muscles, ligaments etc work and there is plenty of information on the internet to suffice. I'd rather save some money if I can. I've got a bro that specializes in these recovery/corrective exercises and seems pretty sure I can recover just fine on my own.. or with his help as he's broken both ankles, torn his hip flexor and quad. Just looking to get some more opinions/reassurance or anything experienced people can give me for the most part. Tips, advice, pointers, good luck wishes lol, I'll take anything. Thanks in advance.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic