Kiddorism
What's New?

RC Repair Recovery Update (2)

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
RC repair surgery was 8/31/2018. I'm now 1 yr + 2.5 months post surgery. Nearly all my lifts have reached the same weight what I was pushing pre-surgery. Note: I took my sweet ass time getting back to strength. I did not rush it at all.

The night of Fri, 11/8, i worked out at the gym-worked shoulders. During the workout there was a couple of times where my affected shoulder felt "tight". I warmed up really good, as I always do. Completed my routine and went home and ate my postworkout meal.
I had gone to bed and was sleeping and woke up in the middle of the night. I stretched my affected arm out in front of me and for some reason i pulled back the shoulder and felt and heard a loud (what I would call) tear. Yes, tear. It felt like a tear. I waited for a rush of hurt to come on, but it never did.
However, in the last weeks since this has happened, my affected shoulder has been hurting constantly (even when doing nothing), and during workouts if it starts to hurt, i stop. Thus far, I have not lost any strength. I'm wondering if the tearing I had heard was some scar tissue.

So now, i've been reading all the studies of potential re-tears and such. Guess i'll call the doc and get in so it can be looked at.

Damn.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
OK so met with my shoulder doc yesterday morning. I needed piece of mind to know what it was that happened.

He did a few cursory tests in his office and said he thinks it was scar tissue that I heard. That it could tear. He asked me if my shoulder got bruised looking, i told him i didn't notice. He said scar tissue could also bleed and it may look like a bruise. Well i didn't notice this on me.
So he thinks it was just scar tissue and that I was doing great.
I told him that my work outs and lifting in the gym had not yet been affected. Today marks the 5 week mark that it happened. He reminded me (yet again), that i would never be as strong as I was pre-surgery.

Good outcome. Was totally worth my $10 copay to find this out lol.

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Good outcome. Was totally worth my $10 copay to find this out lol.
Screw you and your Platinum healthcare!
Seriously, that would have scared to poo out of me. I'm not buying that the scare tissue can show signs of bruising because there's little blood supply to it. It would need to be a sufficient amount of blood to pool up and weep out under the skin. IMO
A pop would be less concerning if it didn't accompany the feeling of a tear. Well baby it for a little. Hope it was nothing but you'll know more when you do some direct shoulder work.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
@The other Snake i'm fine. I mean i resumed everything as normal given the doc wasn't concerned. So we are treating it as if it were scar tissue tearing. All good.
I even have had a couple of shoulder days and no affects at all. The only thing that seems to affect me thus far are some flat bench stuff, incline to some degree. All good otherwise.

Hope all is well with you.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic