RalfKelleh
What's New?

Random Stuff @ Gym

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
One of my old gyms had milk crates full of random shit. My cousin and I would watch to see who would actually use some of it and in what weird ass way.

Our gym has 2 such milk crates. They are near the cables though so usually has just the accessory handles to the cables.

@FlyingDragon : Yea, i'll get right on that! LOL

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
The same guy makes another device called the STING RAY

sting ray.JPG

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Those look like @FlyingDragon 's blue suede slippers

When these things first came out in about the mid 90's, the owner of the company sent me one of each to try and then he wanted me to write an article about them for Powerlifting USA. I used both and hated both. I honestly had nothing good to say about them, The manta ray did not fit on my traps and the bar felt like it would roll off. The sting ray didn't come close to fitting on my shoulders. So big guys may have a difficult time using either one of them This guy got a little mad at my honesty so I declined to do the article. Can't remember where these things went. They were in a box in the garage for a long time but I think I gave them away eventually.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Think the yoke barbell, safety bar, whatever you call it, would achieve the same thing. A little large to stuff in your gym bag maybe, but a helluva lot stronger, and one size fits all. Back in the day before the day, we also used to put our heels on a 2x4 or use 45lb plates. Bonus points for gyms that have a 2x4 with some carpet stapled or glued on, or the older 45s with wider rims.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
I always like the Safety Squat bar, same as what you talk mentioned RAWDEAL.

safety-squat-bar-3-1.jpg

A

Anabolic Beast

VIP Member
Nov 16, 2010
Our gym has 2 such milk crates. They are near the cables though so usually has just the accessory handles to the cables.

LOL, I've got some crates filled with various shit in my gym too.

IMG_1317.JPGIMG_1321.JPG
IMG_1319.JPG

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic