Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh

Ramrod's First Equip. Meet Results 11-19-16

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Had my first Single ply Meet Yesterday with the 365Strong.org Federation.

It was the First Meet in Missouri for this Fed. So everyone who won their class was getting State Records. This Fed is also pretty new and has many National Records to still be set. My class was one of them. Meet Started at 8am and ended up walking out at 8pm. 12hr Day.

I entered in the 198 Open Single Ply and M/P/F divisions. 365Strong doesn't have a SubMaster Class yet. Which is what I normally enter. (I'm not a Pro..lol) My goal was to break into 1700, but it didn't happen. Man was it close though.

I won both and pulled off the Best Overall Male Lifter.

This meet was a learning curve. Timing, Warm ups, set up etc. Most of it is different then Raw. Overall Great Meet, got a little robbed with tough calls and I should have contested my 2nd Squat and got another Chance. But I didn't... Anyway on to the lifts.

SQUATS:
Warms when ok, We had a Big flight all trying to warm up with one Monolift. Got rushed in Warm ups.
Opener: 575 When easy no problems. Rack height was way off. Had to Take time to fix.

2nd Attempt: Started wrapping when I was in the Hole. My turn was up, but weights took a bit to get set. Got up and the Rack Height was off again, but close enough for me. So I un-racked it. Arms never got swung out. I had to tell him to swing the arms out, but instead I was told to re-rack. So I re-racked and they started adjusting the height again. Was Pissed. By this time I've been wrapped for a while. Legs Numb. Bombed my 2nd Attempt at 625 lbs.

3rd Attempt: Went for 625 again, but I got hit on Depth. Saw others squat higher, but it is what it is. Truly think I would have gotten this on my 2nd. Really needed to get 625 to make 1700 happen.

BENCH:
Warms went much better. I noticed many not warming up while 1st flight was running. Took advantage of that and pretty much had a bench to ourselves. Warmed up to 405
Opener: 425 was my opener. Smoke Show and was very easy..No Video

2nd Attempt: 451 Went up easy again.

3rd Attempt: 479 Went up easy but my bar path starting leaning towards the racks and I couldn't stop it. Hit the racks. I'll smoke this next time.

DEADLIFTS:
Opener: 575 SMOKED
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SACZ9q84vbE

2nd Attempt: 617 SMOKED...PR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MopzQ_xNPBU

3rd Attempt: 650 SMOKED...PR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmRFHdOmtr4

4th Attempt: Turn around from 3rd was less then 5min....Should have asked for more time.
672.. Went up but got called on a small hitch. Again saw much bigger hitches get called good. I would have loved to have this, but I was so happy it moved that fast.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_rnb1Gk5JQ

7dec5077-ceda-4208-b1db-16b6b83a1dfa_zpsyxitqcbp.jpg

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Congrats and it sounds like you learned A LOT.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Congratulations man! Seems like you definitely did learn alot and set the bar pretty high already!!!

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Congrats and it sounds like you learned A LOT.

Congratulations man! Seems like you definitely did learn a lot and set the bar pretty high already!!!

Thanks guys, Was aiming for 1700 total and when I missed my 625 squats. I wasn't real thrilled at that point. But Bench went a little better, not perfect.. But Deads just clicked and was on point. If I had a few more mins to rest between my 3rd and 4th. I know 472 would have been pulled smooth.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Squat looked good from that video, but who knows what they were looking for.
Congrats on the win!

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Look at this.... Man so Close to actually having some real standing on Powerliftingwatch.com

Only if I got them.. I know I did, but just a tough break was all. I could have been Ranked #1 in Total

Male Open Single Ply 198 has you ranked as follows:

625 Squat has you ranked in a 3 way tie at 10,11,12

479 Bench has you in a 2 way tie at 9, 10

672 Dead has you ranked 3rd

1,776 total (is that correct???) has you ranked first.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Squat looked good from that video, but who knows what they were looking for.
Congrats on the win!

I'm hooked now... Just need to lean my Gear even more and get Stronger.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
My Numbers from the Meet stacked up on PLW...

575 Squat has you tied with 3 others at 32nd place

451 bench has you at 14th place

650 dead has you tied with 3 other people for 4th place

1676 total has you in 6th place

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
Nice work, particularly for first single ply meet! You'll nail it next time. And in reality a perfect meet comes as much as often as an eclipse lol. I dont know if I'll ever go 3 for 3 with the squat. Always, something...wrapped too soon...not soon enough...too tight...weight ia wrong...racks sucks...spotters bump...Not to mention judges love to give high squats to the bigger names at the meet. That aside the only solution is to lift more lol.

Congrats man...much respect!

Hawk

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic