Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Raising HDl

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
What supps have ACTUALLY worked at raising your HDL levels. This is a question for those that have actually seen their low l;evels raise to acceptable levels.
What worked and what is a waste?

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
I massively reduced my LDL and increased LDL, I need to as I had a small heart attack a couple of years ago.

High dose omega 3's was the main thing I used (about 12g day). I also used a Red Yeast Rice supplement which I believe really helped to bring down my total cholesterol levels.

L

lennoxchi

Nov 20, 2012
Niacin, the flush version. One a day for 3 weeks got mine back to normal. My HDL was low and LDL was high

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Niacin, the flush version. One a day for 3 weeks got mine back to normal. My HDL was low and LDL was high
This is where I'm at. Never really did alot of BW before, just doc check ups now n then. Kinda shocked me to see my ldl at 34 and hdl at 160, then this CHD risk eval was @ 1.4. I'm thinkin my heart 's gonna pop! lol. Maybe no more bloodwork, felt better not knowing

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
That stuff is FULL ON! Word of caution, don't start out at more than 100mg in one go MF.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
LDL at 34 and HDL at 160 is actually really good. Your doc told you that was bad?

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
LDL at 34 and HDL at 160 is actually really good. Your doc told you that was bad?

No it was my own personal, it's outta range on labcorps bw test. Before this run my readings were excellent , hdl's were in 40's, ldl's in 80's. Now even my tryglicerides are at 168? my diet isn't spot on but it's not garbage either. I eat very well, no micky dees. I wonder can hgh effect this that dramatically . I added 2 iu's a day to my hrt a 2 months ago but I always thought it helped cholesterol.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
No it was my own personal, it's outta range on labcorps bw test. Before this run my readings were excellent , hdl's were in 40's, ldl's in 80's. Now even my tryglicerides are at 168? my diet isn't spot on but it's not garbage either. I eat very well, no micky dees. I wonder can hgh effect this that dramatically . I added 2 iu's a day to my hrt a 2 months ago but I always thought it helped cholesterol.

I'm confused. The title of the thread is "Raising HDL", but you are saying that it used to be good at 40 and now it's at 160? Wouldn't that mean it's already been raised? HDL is the good cholesterol right? So high is good, and you want LDL low, right? I feel like I'm missing something here....

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
That stuff is FULL ON! Word of caution, don't start out at more than 100mg in one go MF.

lol, yep MF i remember the 1st time running that, thought i was havin a heart attack or something, odd feeling the flush.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
lol, yep MF i remember the 1st time running that, thought i was havin a heart attack or something, odd feeling the flush.
Yeah, it kicked in within about 15mins for me. Was beetroot red for close to an hour and I felt like I was overheating big time, horrible feeling. Guess you get used to it though ?!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic