Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Quit using AGE as an excuse

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
The world record for raw bench press over 60yrs of age is less than you claim you did for reps.

The guys you posted that are old but muscular are no where near your claimed stats. Robby Robinson never weighed over 220 in his life at 5% bodyfat, much less 260, and I’m talking about in his prime, not at 65 years old. The reason I’m asking for a pic is because a 65yr old at 6’1” and 260 at 5%bf DOESNT EXIST, doesn’t matter if you try to find someone else’s pic or not. You cannot escape this alive dude, and you cannot stop time or physiology, no matter what you claim or how tight your blinders are to those that try and fail. Age gracefully, but age you must.

The bottom line is, if you just claimed the shit and then didn’t try to speak from a place of superiority and arrogance (you have said verbatim that your arrogance is earned), then I wouldn’t have targeted your bullshit.

And I need no qualifications to call out your bullshit, just like I wouldn’t need to be a nascar driver to hear someone say that they hit 200mph in 10sec in the 1/4mi in their 65yr old stock Jeep and say “bullshit”.

I’m not measuring dicks with you, I’m just telling you your’s isn’t 4ft long. You want me to answer your questions? Wait until I claim some crazy shit and then call me out.

S

SilverFox

Oct 31, 2018
Wowzers, this thread sure went sideways fast. While I have respect for the older guys who really put in the hard work to get to where they are and it's just those who talk down to people what gets me wondering. @Bigtex you seem to be knowledgeable enough but do you have any evidence to back up your claims as this is becoming a veritable dick-swinging match.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
BA, I have done some pretty big cycles before when I was in my 20's but I had to go to the hospital once for a cut/stitches and they wanted to hospitalize me for my blood pressure. So I started being a little smarter. I find it now embarrassing to even tell how much I did. I am luck to be alive. I found personally, I responded much better with much smaller doses. I know people don't believe this by I get damn good results with 10mg of tren a or e 3 times a week, sub q. Of course DANTE also claims the same thing. I recently added deca @ 100mg/wk sub 1q and am going to switch to primo e for 4 weeks at 25mg/wk sub q. I see a big difference with the low doses and my free test levels show it. Tested last in March and had 981 with just TRT dose of test. Like you, I see all of the extreme high doses being used and can't criticize but I hope they stay healthy.

Hey, I remember going to meets and seeing some of the guys almost purple in the face just standing around. They honestly looked like they were going to explode any minute. I always wonder what even happened to some of these guys.

ST, I want to run something by u in a layman's way of thinking....Rob Swee, the anesthesiologist, (who practices here in Tallahassee, Fl) upon me asking him how a lower dose could be more effective said that hemostasis kicks in when we do to much (high)...He said if u don't overdo it, then your body doesn't try to fight it as much...So, I was thinking that if he is right, then it makes sense what u are saying about "free" test being higher when the dose is lower (or the ideal amount for the person is taken)...Right?...Does that make sense?....

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I will add this very old picture of myself winning my very first powerlifting meet with somewhere around a 1700 total in the 198's. I was around 26 I believe in 1982. No special diet. The gym sponsored me and the owner is on the left.

OLD-LIFT.jpg

ST, I see that u are lean as bean!...It doesn't take much to believe no matter what weight u are at, that u will be lean...I bet u would have to eat a dump truckload of food to even get in the 20% range of fat....Look at the freakin tear drop!...*LOL*...I'm not sure why these guys are giving u a hard time, friend?!!!!....

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
I have to say that age is a factor and that's coming from someone that has been in the game through the ages. You can't expect to do what you did at 35 when you're 50 if you have been training since your teens. There's a reason we have age classes in both sports. I found gear to level the playing field somewhat when it comes to the BBing but as for PLing, old joints are old joints. I feel most guys/gals use age as an excuse to not put forth the effort in the gym. I workout just as hard now as I did when I was 20, just need some cardio to keep the BF down.

So we all what pics and stats, sure. Currently 220 lbs, 5'-9" 55 y.o. Up to 2 years ago before switching my training over to volume and reps I was finishing up my Squats with 525x5 and bench with 330x6.

I7k1I1y.jpg

Qhgdsj6.jpg

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I have to say that age is a factor and that's coming from someone that has been in the game through the ages. You can't expect to do what you did at 35 when you're 50 if you have been training since your teens. There's a reason we have age classes in both sports. I found gear to level the playing field somewhat when it comes to the BBing but as for PLing, old joints are old joints. I feel most guys/gals use age as an excuse to not put forth the effort in the gym. I workout just as hard now as I did when I was 20, just need some cardio to keep the BF down.

So we all what pics and stats, sure. Currently 220 lbs, 5'-9" 55 y.o. Up to 2 years ago before switching my training over to volume and reps I was finishing up my Squats with 525x5 and bench with 330x6.

I7k1I1y.jpg

Qhgdsj6.jpg

Hell yeah!...That's what I'm talken about!....I bet people guess u to be around 250lbs, TOS?...Excellent numbers on the lifts too!...U make me want to do a cycle or two!....:cool:

S

Snake

VIP Member
May 1, 2011
In another discussion age was brought up and I was not very impressed But let me show examples some examples that do impress me and are examples of what hard work will get you as we get older. Quit using your age as an excuse, we just get better as we age if you are willing to work. As they say....AGE IS JUST A NUMBER. Don't tell anyone it is not possible to look good at any age. ts not genetics, it is hard work.

55 years old

66 years old

70 years old

80 years old

Dave Draper @76 years old

If you don't fall in the average below guys, get it there. That is why we have this board.

View attachment 11646
Damy straight..I love this added inspiration!

matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
Not trying to get into a fight here but walking around at 5% all the time is pretty crazy. And 260 pounds is like Olympia level. I’m over 6’4 and change and when I did an unsustainable big bulk a few years ago for strength reasons snd “leaned” out with the most muscle I had ever put on I was probably 285-290 pounds and 18% body fat if I was lucky and I had visible abs and veins popping out of everywhere.

260 with that little fat is next level stuff. And I’ve followed some of doctor bakers stuff and tried it and it does work (I’ve only done short runs) it’s not a permanent diet for me but he looks pretty good for a guy his age.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Not trying to get into a fight here but walking around at 5% all the time is pretty crazy. And 260 pounds is like Olympia level. I’m over 6’4 and change and when I did an unsustainable big bulk a few years ago for strength reasons snd “leaned” out with the most muscle I had ever put on I was probably 285-290 pounds and 18% body fat if I was lucky and I had visible abs and veins popping out of everywhere.

260 with that little fat is next level stuff. And I’ve followed some of doctor bakers stuff and tried it and it does work (I’ve only done short runs) it’s not a permanent diet for me but he looks pretty good for a guy his age.
Looks like you could easily get to 300 at less than 5%.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic