Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Quit using AGE as an excuse

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
In another discussion age was brought up and I was not very impressed But let me show examples some examples that do impress me and are examples of what hard work will get you as we get older. Quit using your age as an excuse, we just get better as we age if you are willing to work. As they say....AGE IS JUST A NUMBER. Don't tell anyone it is not possible to look good at any age. ts not genetics, it is hard work.

55 years old

66 years old

70 years old

80 years old

Dave Draper @76 years old

If you don't fall in the average below guys, get it there. That is why we have this board.

Test ranges.PNG

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Lord knows I’m not keen to side with gunslinger and I’m not on the meat train with TB either, but, I’m still saying I’d rather look like that carnivore guy at 55+. He looks significantly healthier than any of the above examples you posted, to me. The guys you posted all look to be mid-cycle and stressing their older bodies to the max for the YouTube, Gram, whatever photo shoot, etc. And I don’t want to look/be stressed and unhealthy at that or any age.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Yea, I remember your run in with Gunslinger. Kids like this make me laugh. Put me to sleep in 30...hhahaha!

SAD, I guess this all a matter of opinion and certainly your choice. Maybe I am wrong, but you also seemed to doubt the efforts I have taken in my life to look what I call great, so I put up examples of other who have done it. Its not that unusual to find older guys in TOP shape. SAD, all sports require stress on the human body that no" average" person can even conceive. Age seems to not be the barrier we once thought it was in being good at a sport. Most also use working as the excuse. I competed when I coached football working 7 days a week 12+ hours a day. My last world record in the deadlift I was coaching HS football. Granted I do have plenty of time to train now that I am mostly retired but then work was never an excuse for me. Its all about what you want out of life. SAD, I played sport as a child and the all the way to college. As an adult I competed in quite a few different sports and was pretty damn good. From Martial arts, strength sports to competitive water skiing. I have literally a whole room full of trophies and plaques. I love participating in sports and love competition. I love it so much I spent my life educating myself so I could be a better competitor. Using it as a job was never my intention. I even married a woman who is my equal in love for competing in sport. My wife started as a powerlifter and ended up turning pro as a BB. She was a personal trainer and still at 58 years old is in damn hot shape. She is pretty cruel when it come to judging men's physiques. She laughed when I showed her Bakers pictures. So I guess I assumed most participating at TID - Bodybuilding Community were truly like minded individuals when I made my honest evaluation of this supposed athlete who is an expert in diet.

SAD, my wife and I have lived and competed against professional athletes for most of our lives. I would literally pass out thinking about having a DAD body or even looking like Baker. What most consider "normal" or in shape my wife and I consider as abnormal. Our own son said at the beach one day when he was about 6. "Mom, why do all of these people look sick?" He had never seen people who were not pro or national level competitive bodybuilders. He thought all moms had muscle. So WE are his norm growing up. It doesn't take much to be average, it takes a lot in life to step out of the box and be above the norm. Healthy? My blood work and cardiac testing show I am very healthy for my age.. The human body is amazing at adjusting to stress. Case in point.......I was talking to Dr,. Fred Hatfield one time about training. I trained the powerlifts 1 time a week. He told me how the Russians train everything 3 times a week. WHAT???? How? He said after a week of pushing the body like that it adapts to the stress and becomes the norm. Thus, I have been training 5 days a week for 1.5 hours for years. Very rarely take a day off or lighten up on the weight. Granted I am not as strong as I once was buy my goal is not being strong, rather muscular and healthy. I only use a TRT dose of anabolics that most don't even believe works. My serum test level of 981 shows it does work. I never used more that 250ml of test enanthate/wk when I competed as a master's lifter and was ranked #1 & #2 in the world in two different weight classes. Good genes? Tall and thin, long arms and legs is not good genes for powerlifting.

SAD, Dave Draper has been as top bodybuilder, he still pushes himself very hard in the gym at the ripe old age of 79. Most of us only hope to live that long much less look like he does. As I said, age is not an excuse only desire. These example I put up impress me. They have worked very hard to look like they do even at 80 years old.

-WELCOME TO THE IRON DEN BODYBUILDING FORUM COMMUNITY-

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I don’t doubt that you’ve done a lot of hard work in your life towards your end goals, and amassed knowledge and experiences worth sharing during that time.

I don’t doubt that you look good for your age and continue to be strong and active.

I do doubt your stats, that’s just me being honest. If you’re indeed 66, 6’1 and 260lbs of shredded muscle at 5% bodyfat, then I would eat my words and apologize but I just simply don’t think it’s possible. Certainly not in a healthy way, even if drugs could push you to that.

Maybe some jealousy here as I’m 6’3” and 265lbs but nowhere near 5% body fat, lol. Prove me wrong though!

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
Uhggggff!....I don't know how u guys can carry that much weight and be comfortable even if u are healthy and lean...My highest weight was 243lb at 5"10" (5'9" and a few now after back surgery)...I remember not being able to sleep due to the bulk...This was before back issues...I wasn't 5% but u could see separation and a faint set of abs...Unreal how u guys can feel comfortable at those weights...

ST, I absolutely believe u when u say 250mg's was considered the high dose...I did two cycles (peer pressure) and both consisted of 150mgs per week of test and 25mgs of DB for 4 weeks to kickstart...I was benching 365 at 170lbs and squatting 500...My height was a little over 5"8"...I grew another 2 inches after high school...The guys that were doing 250mgs were seasoned bb's and powerlifters along with a few football players...We only had one guy that would go to extremes and he would stack 5-6 different kinds of juice and everyone thought he was nuts....After I did my first cycle, I was able to get the 450lbs on the bench, twice at 190lbs and I squatted 700lbs but pinched a nerve doing it...When i first logged on to my first bb'ing board I was shocked to learn what people were doing for doses, especially non-athletes....Another acquaintance of mine (he is an anesthesiologist now) also said the same thing about 250mgs being the "high dose"...He cycled for around 2 years starting in his senior year of high school and quit while in college....He at his peak was 275lbs (6'3") shredded....Thanks for sharing this thread, bro, again, enjoyed it immensely!...

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
I don’t doubt that you’ve done a lot of hard work in your life towards your end goals, and amassed knowledge and experiences worth sharing during that time.

I don’t doubt that you look good for your age and continue to be strong and active.

I do doubt your stats, that’s just me being honest. If you’re indeed 66, 6’1 and 260lbs of shredded muscle at 5% bodyfat, then I would eat my words and apologize but I just simply don’t think it’s possible. Certainly not in a healthy way, even if drugs could push you to that.

Maybe some jealousy here as I’m 6’3” and 265lbs but nowhere near 5% body fat, lol. Prove me wrong though!

I guess I should say thanks........but have to to correct you I am 65 not 66. That means a lot right now. ;) Unfortunately you will just have to take my word. I don't know you and will probably never get a chance to meet you. Nothing personal as you are no doubt a cool person. All I can tell you is that I am very experienced at using a skin fold caliper been doing it since 1993 professionally.....1mm abs, 1mm chest, 2mm thigh. You can find a bf calculator on the internet and plug in the numbers. I use the Jackson/Pollock 3 Caliper Method . Now do I have competition abs? Hell no, I have a bad case of diastasi rectus. From years of squatting and deadlifting well over 700lbs every week. The only way to correct mine is surgery. So I will just live with it. But the distension is not caused by any kind of fat I can assure you. Had a DEXA done a few year back to check for visceral far. There is none.

SAD, I did a research study in my graduate work doing measurements of a Division I-AA football team, I also was an assistant coach there at the same time. One of the players was named Terrance Shaw, corner back, he went I believe, 1st round to San DIego. The kid was really that good. He was a typical East Texas guy from a small town who didn't have a clue about nutrition. Athletes do not have special meals and instead eat from the college cafeteria just like everyone else (against NCAA rules). So needless to say, his diet was SHIT. He has a BF of 3%. I asked him what he did to get so lean and he said NOTHIN' COACH. Some people are just blessed with a very high metabolism. I still eat about 6000 calories a day and have a very hard time gaining any weight. 5000 cal a day and I lose weight quickly.

SAD, how old are you? How long have you been doing this? Not to be critical at all, but there is a lot of difference in the muscle of a younger lifter and the density of an older lifter. This density also affects metabolism greatly. This is why so many Mr O's are in their late 30's and you can see from the pictures that many of them even look more dense as older lifters. No doubt we probably have completely different metabolisms. SAD, I have been a competitive athlete since I was in elementary school in baseball.....tall and thin for my age. I left high school and into the service weighing 140lbs. I never weighted more than 200lbs until I was about 30. My waist then was 26". Still to this day I have a 36" waist. When I was 260 I was only 16% BF and got a little worse as I went up to 300. Unlike this stupid fuck Gunglinger, I went from 300 to 230 over a period of a few years. I didn't want to have saggy skin like a worn out bitch. I felt I looked sick at 230 and went back up to 260. So yea, I am pretty damn critical of my self too, nothing for me is good enough. We judge physiques pretty harshly in this family and my wife is even worse than I am.

Would you believe me that 5 years ago I did 480 on the flat bench 8 times with my wife spotting me? 435 on the incline with no spotter for 10 reps. I was 60 years old then. Is that kind of not normal for someone my age? Hell I have never been know to be a good bencher. I can't squat any more but still can leg press. 20 plates on the dang thing for 12 reps. Anyway you look at it, that is over 1000lbs including the carriage.. Not so bad for a 65 year old but then who would believe that? My wife can do 10 plates.

I put the video up as you probably realized, JUST FOR YOU. To help you understand that just because you get old you can still do as much as the younger guys. Just because I am 65 doesn't mean my metabolism slow to the point I can't lose fat. I still do HIIT 4 days a week on top of my 1.5 hour training. Sorry bro, my word on this is going to have to suffice. You see from videos that it can be done. People that have been in this game for a long time and use to looking exceptional do no allow themselves to go to shit. I started being serious 41 years ago. Maybe it is an addiction.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Uhggggff!....I don't know how u guys can carry that much weight and be comfortable even if u are healthy and lean...My highest weight was 243lb at 5"10" (5'9" and a few now after back surgery)...I remember not being able to sleep due to the bulk...This was before back issues...I wasn't 5% but u could see separation and a faint set of abs...Unreal how u guys can feel comfortable at those weights...

ST, I absolutely believe u when u say 250mg's was considered the high dose...I did two cycles (peer pressure) and both consisted of 150mgs per week of test and 25mgs of DB for 4 weeks to kickstart...I was benching 365 at 170lbs and squatting 500...My height was a little over 5"8"...I grew another 2 inches after high school...The guys that were doing 250mgs were seasoned bb's and powerlifters along with a few football players...We only had one guy that would go to extremes and he would stack 5-6 different kinds of juice and everyone thought he was nuts....After I did my first cycle, I was able to get the 450lbs on the bench, twice at 190lbs and I squatted 700lbs but pinched a nerve doing it...When i first logged on to my first bb'ing board I was shocked to learn what people were doing for doses, especially non-athletes....Another acquaintance of mine (he is an anesthesiologist now) also said the same thing about 250mgs being the "high dose"...He cycled for around 2 years starting in his senior year of high school and quit while in college....He at his peak was 275lbs (6'3") shredded....Thanks for sharing this thread, bro, again, enjoyed it immensely!...

BA, I have done some pretty big cycles before when I was in my 20's but I had to go to the hospital once for a cut/stitches and they wanted to hospitalize me for my blood pressure. So I started being a little smarter. I find it now embarrassing to even tell how much I did. I am luck to be alive. I found personally, I responded much better with much smaller doses. I know people don't believe this by I get damn good results with 10mg of tren a or e 3 times a week, sub q. Of course DANTE also claims the same thing. I recently added deca @ 100mg/wk sub 1q and am going to switch to primo e for 4 weeks at 25mg/wk sub q. I see a big difference with the low doses and my free test levels show it. Tested last in March and had 981 with just TRT dose of test. Like you, I see all of the extreme high doses being used and can't criticize but I hope they stay healthy.

Hey, I remember going to meets and seeing some of the guys almost purple in the face just standing around. They honestly looked like they were going to explode any minute. I always wonder what even happened to some of these guys.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Robby Robinson, this dude is 75 years old. I believe the last time Robinson was on stage was 2000 at the Olympia Masters division. He said in an interview that even as a kid in high school he had a great physique, He is obviously not getting ready for a contest but will not allow himself at this age to become an old worn out ex-athlete, like Arnold did. He most likely has a huge metabolism and tremendous self pride and will keep this shape as long as he is alive. I am VERY impressed with this man. This is who he is and this is how he chooses to live his live.

robbyrobinson-older[1].jpg

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
I will add this very old picture of myself winning my very first powerlifting meet with somewhere around a 1700 total in the 198's. I was around 26 I believe in 1982. No special diet. The gym sponsored me and the owner is on the left.

OLD-LIFT.jpg

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
We could do this forever so I’ll just bow out since you’re not willing to prove these wild claims.

I’d post a picture in a heart beat if you will. Shit, if I was 65 and 260 and 5% bf at 6’1” and was the world bench press record holder at the same time, I’d be more than happy to prove it.

Lol. Put up or shut up, as they say.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Oh, thanks for calling me a liar. Yes, you could do this forever, but I am not going to cave in because you admit some kind of jealousy, sorry. If you are that dissatisfied with the way you look they fix it. I don't feel I have to prove anything to you or anyone, especially on an internet forum. You either believe or don't. Makes me no difference. Hell for that matter I could put up a picture of anyone since you have never seen me. So its all kind of pointless and silly. But then I have put up more pictures of me than you have. What's that make 3 now?

By the way, did you see no need in answering my questions? How old are you and how long have you been doing this. Have you ever competed? I will take your word for what you tell me.

SAD, when did I say I won a bench press world record? My best was only 525. That is honestly horrible. I was a very good squatter but an excellent deadlifter. But then you don't believe that either.

BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
BA, I have done some pretty big cycles before when I was in my 20's but I had to go to the hospital once for a cut/stitches and they wanted to hospitalize me for my blood pressure. So I started being a little smarter. I find it now embarrassing to even tell how much I did. I am luck to be alive. I found personally, I responded much better with much smaller doses. I know people don't believe this by I get damn good results with 10mg of tren a or e 3 times a week, sub q. Of course DANTE also claims the same thing. I recently added deca @ 100mg/wk sub 1q and am going to switch to primo e for 4 weeks at 25mg/wk sub q. I see a big difference with the low doses and my free test levels show it. Tested last in March and had 981 with just TRT dose of test. Like you, I see all of the extreme high doses being used and can't criticize but I hope they stay healthy.

Hey, I remember going to meets and seeing some of the guys almost purple in the face just standing around. They honestly looked like they were going to explode any minute. I always wonder what even happened to some of these guys.

The guy that would stack 5-6 roids (nutcase) wound up crapping and pissing blood...He went to the doctor and when the doc saw him, his first question was, "are u taking steroids", (he was 270lbs at 6'2")*LOL*...Mike says, "yes sir, what should I do"?...The doc gave him that evil grin and says, "STOP DOING THEM" *lol*....Mike backed off for 4 months and everything cleared up and he lost 30lbs then jumped right back on at extreme doses!....

Last time I ran into the anesthesiologist, he was still pushing 240lbs, natty....I told him about how u could get juice off the net and explained to him the amount u get for the money...He was shocked again and reiterated how in his day it didn't take that amount of dosing to be effective, he again thought it was absolutely insane to be doing those doses!....

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic