Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Quickest way to drop Bodyfat

zackrock

zackrock

Sep 8, 2010
Ok if someone is looking to lose a decent amount of fat in 4-6 week period of time without sacrificing too much muscle--what kind of diet/cardio would you guys recommend?

Keto?

Or carb cycling?

Or steady caloric decrease?

What about cardio? AM and PM? High intensity?

Let me know your thoughts. Please remember this is not for a show this is simply for looking and feeling better after gaining too much fat.

Thanks.

big_paul_ski

big_paul_ski

MuscleHead
Dec 13, 2010
keto will be the best way for your time frame. im on it now. just my opinion.

CARDIO should be performed at a low intensity (under 120bpm heartrate). This will ensure that you use FAT as a fuelsource since as your heartrate increase, carbohydrates begin to become the preferred fuel of choice for the body. When on a low carb diet, you're body will break down muscle and turn that into carbs. Remember, Fat CANNOT be changed into carbs. Therefore, for bodybuilding, the rule of cardio should be LONG DURATION, LOW INTENSITY

AWARE72

AWARE72

MuscleHead
Oct 17, 2010
A carbless post workout protocol combine with alternate day fasting work great IMO...I also do 1hr fasted cardio on each of my 18hour fasting days

W

Wolf

MuscleHead
Dec 25, 2010
How much fat are we talking here? Are we talking someone who is obese? Or are we talking someone who has gained 20/30 pounds?

I would go with a cyclic ketogenic diet, get the intensity high and get the cardio at high intensity as well. There are numerous studies about the superiority of HIIT over LISS. It will burn a superior amount of body fat, specifically visceral fat, it improves glycogen storage, improves overall cardio performance which allows for more intense workouts, the results compound over a period of time like that.

If you need help setting up a CKD diet I can talk you through it quite easily. As far as fasting days go I would suggest not doing them on training days or even to do cardio on those days, the caloric deficit is going to be so great that adding extra activity is not going to be great on his body. Also on fasting days consuming 1 gram per a pound of lean body mass, a multi vitamin, calcium tabs and a few low/no carb or fat salads would be ideal and limit his muscle atrophy.

While you are going to use carbohydrates for fuel during high intensity exercises they increase fat burning, and ketogenic diets are almost never no carb diets. 20-30 carbs a day on a diet like CKD plus the carb load will allow you enough carbohydrate stored energy to get through 3-5 hard workouts and a few sessions of hiit every week without much of a problem.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
^^^I agree with Wolf on this. You want to replenish glycogen stores at least once a week. HIIT is not a lot of fun, but it sure works.

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
IMO keto or if you have the info CPW as Aware mentioned combined with cardio. Chemically the fastest is DNP, followed by GH/Peptides with clen and t-3.

Hawk

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
I dropped some fat with little amounts of cardio, clean diet and GHRP2/cjc 1295 with dac this past year... DNP has always been good but i feel like it kills my strength even if im running gear...can't do clen anymore that kills my endurance too and ECA makes me just plain not wanna eat. Going to run rHGH soon for the first time hopefully along with some t-4

S

sandowmovie

Dec 15, 2015
Anyone tried the versaclimber? But if you want to drop fat as quick as poss go keto...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic