Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

QUICK! Need study on lean muscle gain naturally!

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I'm having an argument with a guy who has a masters in ex phys, and he is claiming that his natural female client, who is not a rookie to training by any means, gained 11lbs lbm and lost 8lbs fat in 7 months. I know I've seen a scientific study that showed that a trained natural female athlete would be lucky to gain 1lb lbm per month, NOT WHILE LOSING FAT, but I can't find it. Anybody have any studies?

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Shortz? Macguyver? GiantSlayer? Diesel? Anyone?

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
He says "well, she isn't untrained but her training has been crap up until me, so she's in the 0-1 year range, which means you just proved my point."

Me "well, that's for MEN, in a caloric surplus, not losing bodyfat simultaneously, and even then they can only gain 2lbs per month, which is 14lbs in 7 months WHILE NOT LOSING BODYFAT AND LIKELY GAINING BODYFAT."

Him "all I know is, the bodpod doesn't lie".

Me "well if that's what "know", then I guess I can't teach you anything at all".

I had already linked him that article along with a few others, and he keeps asking me for something scientific, not an article. I wish I could find the legit study that I've seen before that lyle and alan based their models on.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Remember, Bod pod claims 1-3% accuracy. That can be 4lbs right there.

DONT forget that a bod-pod sees water as LBM. So just being at the right point in here cycle will give her 2-5 extra lbs of 'muscle' depending on the female and how much she bloats. (bod pod cant tell difference of H2O and lean mass). In that case drink 4 8oz glasses of water and add a quick 2+lbs as well)

Shoot, just with the accuracy variance and menstrual bloat, you can account for her entire LBM increase. Is that guy that dumb to put so much stock in a number spit out of a bod pod. Tell him to go get a DEXA scan.

Either way, without corresponding increases in tape measure for quads, chest and arms...etc, it is hard to be believed. A 10lb gain in a male is usually close to 1" on the arms. In a woman I would imagine this would be larger (as they are smaller)

Go get him!

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic